Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage footwear

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
Does anyone have a web site for newly made vintage footwear, especially ankle/chukka type boots? I remember seeing on ( I think in the midwest) but can't locate it now. Thanks

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I think you need to maybe make your question a bit more detailed? I do no think anyone can make a vintage shoe brand new. It can be that some shoes have a vintage appearance, but you do realize VINTAGE means something is old....even if not used or worn, even "new old stock" or "deadstock".

Although "chukka" boots do go back in shoe history, the majority of the most thought of time period for that "style" of shoe seems to be 1960's-1980's...is there a time period you are looking to find shoes from? And lastly, have you taken a long look on eBay or etsy?

There is a custom shoe maker here on the lounge.....you can find his website www.civilwarboots.com and check out all the different shoe and boots they make. I can bet they could make you a true replica of what ever shoe or boot you are looking for. High quality work and fairly reasonable prices.

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
No. There was a site for vintage hat, footwear and leather mentioned on the forum at one tiem and it was located in Iowa and the Items were American made.

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
I would assume that since no one mentioned the referenced site on my previous post that eithr no one has ever bought from them or ever heard of them. If they have heard I would like to hear opinions on the foot wear.

RJR

I am in Iowa and have purchased headgear from them but not footwear.They were pleasant and prompt in my dealings.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd be interested in seeing pics of them if you do choose to order, and hear your thoughts. The price is certainly right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner