Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VINTAGE FRIENDLY DEODORANT

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I refer to it as cover up. The only time I wear deoderant is after a I haven't shower in two days and it's hot. I don't sweat in the arm pit area but I do get a nice funk going on if I don't shower atleast every other day. I sweat every where else, especally my upper lip (any ideas on that one? That why I don't wear make-up I sweat it off or end up wiping it off.) I like the dress shild idea, I think I might do something like that on vintage dresses.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I purchased the dress shields, the fashion tape and a new deodorant. It's Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal in a pump spray bottle. Today I was wandering around an out door museum for most of the day and I stayed quite dry and no nasty white marks on my black velvet, Yeah!! Oh yes and it was about 90 in Vegas Today.

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Thanks ladies....

...I was just wondering about the effects of my anti-persp/deodorant while getting dressed this morning. Now I know what to try and what not to try... thanks so much ladies!

lindylady

A-List Customer
Another anti-perspirant to try is the new Secret Clinical Strength. Unlike Drysol and Certain Dri, it's not harsh, doesn't stain or rot your clothing, and best of all, controls your sweating significantly. I've been using it for about a week and I've seen a reduction in underarm perspiration. And trust me, if it can help this chronic perspirer, it can help anyone.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i've used dove unscented solid for years when wearing vintage and i've never had a problem with staining or anything. i'm a little weirded out over the aluminum issue and that antiperspirant prevents a natural, healthy function, so i wear j/a/s/o/n tea tree deodorant on a daily basis instead - doesn't keep me as sweat/smell free, but for my everyday clothes i don't mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic