Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Vintage" Fruit Snacks

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Sorry this isn't exactly Golden Era, but I know there are some mom's on here, and possible some "kids" who might know what I am looking for. When my sister and I were kids in the 80's, my mom used to buy us yogurt covered fruit snacks. These were very plain in shape (no Gushers or other weird shapes) and kind of looked like an oval with a flat side if I remember. They came in a couple different flavors and could be yogurt covered or plain. These were the best! I would like to buy some and give them to my sister for X-mas, but I can't find them anywhere. The junk they pass as fruit snacks now is horrible. Does anyone know where I might find these, or if they are still even being made? I have no idea of the brand name.

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
OK, I went on Google and found some info. They were called Fruit Wrinkles. It's funny, I actually already knew that, but I thought the name was something my mom called them, not the actual brand name. I still don't know where to find them though...:(

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
I used to eat those too. The brand name doesn't sound familiar but I know I ate something similiar. I haven't seen them though, I have 3 kids so I pretty much scour the snack aisle for things like that to keep in my purse while we are out. It may be that they are sold only in certain parts of the country now. I grew up in MN and they had them there but I haven't seen them now in TX or MS. That's one thing I don't like about moving is that some of the food you like isn't available everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner