Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage German trousers

Sometimes, but not often. Mostly the tailors "just off the boat" tended to make suits to the taste of the new country.

I think I remember the suit, and there was a lot of speculation and not much solid evidence. I don't remember it having any labels; I think I recall missing out on it on ebay.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I also seem to recall a German styled suit made in the late 1940s(?) in South Africa by a tailor with a very German name.

Phong Van Lee

New in Town
At least one pair of trousers could be could very well be from the nederlands:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271316534431&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Have you seen the lining with the name of the car and truck producer DAF?
Perhaps these were made as working pants for the industry.

P1220106.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
But the other label inside the trousers appears to be in German. In this case, I believe DAF refers to Deutsche Arbeitsfront (the DAF, or ‘German Labour Front’), a Nazi-era labour organisation.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Me too, and I am German. :D

If it's a jacket 52 means it's a UK 42 (chest size). So I guess the trousers would have the same size trousers of a size 42 suit would have. Whatever that is.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
there's a pair of deadstock tagged trousers marked 52 which are supposedly 40 cm waist (halved), which is about 31".
then there's a pair tagged 46 which are supposedly 39 cm.

how on earth could there only be 2 cm between those two sizes ?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
This doesn't work. I just looked the sizes up and a German 52 converts to a waist size of 36 inches. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner