Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Inspired Potions and Lotions

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
What kind of creams, lotions, soaps and bath products do you all use? I love the Dirty Girl and Miso Pretty packaging - but am yet to try them out. I am also loving the Benefit makeup packaging at the moment - so cute!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I use The Body Shop, I think its called tangerine body butter, I don't have it at hand to take a look at the lable. It smells like sweet tarts, and makes my skin very soft.
For my face I use Ahava under eye cream and Bath and Body Works milk thistle lotion for the rest of my face. I would recommend the milk thistle lotion to anybody. My face has been so soft since I started using it, and it has a nice clean smell. It's not as thick as some of the other face creams out their.
There is also another body lotion that I love, Lucky Girl. The packaging is great, the smell is awesome, and it has a very velvety fell to it. It is made with violet and some other scents that make it smell nice but not over powering. But now that the weather is getting colder, I need something a little thicker like the above mentioned body butter. Sometimes when I need a change of smell I switch to the vanilla and brown sugar body butter.
There are so many lotions out there with so many different fragrances, I tend to buy a few different ones and alternate, depending on mood. But my under eye cream and face cream have always stayed the same. The Ahava is Isreali and supposedly made from ingredients from the dead sea. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way. Since I started using it two years ago, under my eyes have been firmer and I think my dark circles are getting lighter. I realize that none of these are vintage inspired, but I like em' anyway:)

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Alot of these creams and lotion sound good enough to eat don't they!
I have been using Liz Earle Orange Flower Botanical Body Wash and Nourishing Botanical Body Cream with shae butter, but fancy a change! I have been looking on the crabtree and evelyn site - looks expensive!

olive bleu

One Too Many
i have just ordered some moisturizer from l'occitane. the packaging looks beautiful but they also are mainly plant based which i love. I also ordered some of the olive oil products. I can't wait to try them
00000236.jpg

00000367.jpg

here is the link:http://www.loccitane.ca/

Rosie

One Too Many
I use Palmer's too. And a shea butter made by a very small company in Nigeria. My moisturizer is made by a tiny company in South Carolina, they make organic soy moisturizers.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
olive bleu said:
i have just ordered some moisturizer from l'occitane. the packaging looks beautiful but they also are mainly plant based which i love. I also ordered some of the olive oil products. I can't wait to try them
00000236.jpg

00000367.jpg

here is the link:http://www.loccitane.ca/

Wow I love this!!!

I also use Palmers Body Butter Moisturisor, it just smells delish!

GOK

One Too Many
Blue Q (makers of Miso Pretty and Dirty Girl) do indeed have beautiful packaging. Miso Pretty shower gel is utterly fantastic. I still have some left from before I became a fully fledged vegan and there is no way it is going to waste! However, until I find out that the company is in fact ethical and cruelty free (which I doubt), I'm not in any hurry to use up what I have. I think that makes me a hypocrite....doesn't it? ;)

Benefit also has fantastic packaging but IMO the products are overpriced and over rated. Having used quite a lot of Benefit in the past, I have to say that most of it is average at best. Bathina is lovely though and I adore that scent. However, despite the fact that Benefit claims not to test on animals themselves, it is not above paying someone else to do it and using ingredients that have been animal tested.

B Never (sister to Lush) on the other hand is incredibly ethical. Not only are all the products vegetarian, most of them are vegan too - even the brushes. The company refuses to deal with anyone that has anything to do with animal testing. And the packaging is to die for! The shops look like a cross between a lady's boudoir and a burlesque performer's dressing room. And the piped music is often from the golden era.

Oh and the owner, Mark, is a die-hard romantic (he invented a perfume for his wife called 1000 Kisses Deep and told Britney Spears she shouldn't have it as he made it for Mo!), whose absolute heroine is Audrey Hepburn. The majority of his Lush stores are on sites that have Audrey connections!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner