Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Jackets You Regret Not Buying

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
You can have all the knowledge and money in the world but without the willingness to act you’ll also miss out.

I'll add this; even when all "duck are in a row", your wait has just begun. The wait for Opportunity. Money can't buy what isn't for sale.

Reactions: jeo

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just popping in to say I don't think anything looks better with age than goatskin, goodness. That jacket is stunning.

jeo

One Too Many
I'll add this; even when all "duck are in a row", your wait has just begun. The wait for Opportunity. Money can't buy what isn't for sale.

Well yes and no. We will need to get into the whole “market value” discussion but everything is for sale. I’m sure you’ve gotten offers you couldn’t refuse.

And that’s why I mentioned part of the knowledge is having a deep pool of sources. Unless we are talking about a complete one of kind, then you can find anything and it will be for sale.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
There was a brown straight zip Langlitz cop jacket with a tramp stamp of a patch on the kidney panel and killer patina. Went for $500 I think. My size, I should have bought it.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have more regret about the crap I bought frankly.
Nearly another this week my end, cruising eBay and found a Weintraub MA-1 in my size made in the USA in blue. Did a bit of digging on here about others experience of owning these jackets & found a useful post from many moons ago which stopped me from sealing the deal on a BIN. Useful poster was…….ME….you couldn’t make it up :cool:

It’s taken a few years but I’ve finally gotten over @JMax buying “my” Hercules a few years back :(. He was wiser and didn’t wait for measurements :cool:
View attachment 593051

Did you tell me you wanted this? I sold it and it would have gone to you had I known (or remembered).

I’ve lost out on three awesome jackets while puttering about the measurements: The Mission jacket to TM; the gray E to Ton (my most grievous error, lol); and a Durable MC jacket to a man with no name. There are others.

AHP91

Practically Family
Did you tell me you wanted this? I sold it and it would have gone to you had I known (or remembered).

I’ve lost out on three awesome jackets while puttering about the measurements: The Mission jacket to TM; the gray E to Ton (my most grievous error, lol); and a Durable MC jacket to a man with no name. There are others.
Don't mean to remind you, but that Mission jacket was damn near the best I've seen. But you still have a stable full of great ones

Don't mean to remind you, but that Mission jacket was damn near the best I've seen. But you still have a stable full of great ones

It was great. I recall the seller had pictures of it on a tree, that may be wrong. But something threw me off and while my slow brain did maths TM swooped in.

AHP91

Practically Family
It was great. I recall the seller had pictures of it on a tree, that may be wrong. But something threw me off and while my slow brain did maths TM swooped in.
Who's to say it isn't one of the rarest jackets in the world? I've seen way more Peter's and 1930s Hercules. I believe Bonasera has another one, haven't seen anything in looking around the archives.

Who's to say it isn't one of the rarest jackets in the world? I've seen way more Peter's and 1930s Hercules. I believe Bonasera has another one, haven't seen anything in looking around the archives.

Yeah, maybe a few are out there in collections but I’ve never seen another. And as nice as it was, that Vanson E in the old gray CW is the one I’d rather have.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

I don't remember any of the details. Do you remember the black one that showed up here in a thread? It was the same style as mine only much cleaner and Black.

It is a bigger jacket, maybe a 46.

No doubt a small local shop. I've seen a later Mission Leather label , but don't recall the jacket.

1708650789370.jpeg
1708650825186.jpeg

I don't remember any of the details. Do you remember the black one that showed up here in a thread? It was the same style as mine only much cleaner and Black.

It is a bigger jacket, maybe a 46.

No doubt a small local shop. I've seen a later Mission Leather label , but don't recall the jacket.

View attachment 593254 View attachment 593255

I don’t recall the black one. Which means I probably saw it and liked the post it was in.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

Bonasera may have posted the black one. It was magnificent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner