Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Jewelry

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
Also just found this guide to ranges they released (from eBay):

1932-1972 Trifari jewellery lines

• 1932 Gainsborough
  • 1945 Jewels of Tanjore
  • 1946 Talisman
  • 1948 Moghul
  • 1949 Scheherazade
  • 1949 Day and Night
  • 1950 Orientique by Trifari
  • 1951 Gems of India
  • 1952 Coronation Jewels
  • 1952 L'Opera
  • 1954 Evening Star
  • 1958 Pins à la Mode
  • 1958 Triege by Trifari
  • 1959 Sorrento
  • 1959 Etoile
  • 1960 Fantasia by Trifari
  • 1965 The Jewels of India
  • 1966 Trifari's Fireworks
  • 1968 L' Orient, 1968Trifari Light
  • 1969 White Enamel Collection
  • 1972 Ming Collection
  • 1972 the Diane Love Collection

Trifari makers marks from 1920 current day

• 1920 –Jewels by TRIFARI with thecrown over T in Trifari - used as a label
  • 1932 - Gainsborough - the printed version was used to ID collections
  • 1935 - KTF – used on metal"
  • 1935 - KTF. With a taller T than other letters – used on metal
  • 1936 - CLIP-MATES – used as a label
  • 1937 - TRIFARI with out the crown above T - used on metal
  • 1939 - TRIFARI with crown above the T - used on metal
  • 1950 - Orientique by TRIFARI - used as label to identify collection
  • 1953 - Ear-Mates in script - used as label
  • 1954 - T with open detailed crown on top - metal hang tag
  • 1954 - KTF with crown over T - used on KTF Industrial Products
  • 1957 - TIE-UPS - used as label
  • 1957 - Tie-Ups by TRIFARI in script and crown over T in Trifari - used as label
  • 1958 - Triege by TRIFARI in script with crown over T in Trifari - label used to ID collection
  • Current - TRIFARI TM - used on metal

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
pics to come

ill take some pics of the jewelry tonight and post them tomorrow. i also have a few other pieces i inherited that i would like more info on as well so i will post those too. thanks;)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And if any of your Trifari is the red/blye/green rhinestones that look like Cartier, those are hot collectible items right now!

Like this:

pf1s.jpg

This one is going for $775 right now.
2431.1L.jpg

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
Important tip: Vintage Pearls, Jet, & Other Beads...

(Bartender, if I've put this in the wrong section, will you kindly move it? Thank you so much!)

An important tip I've sadly learned from experience:

If you have vintage strands of beads that you wear, before you put them on give them a gentle tug here and there along the strand.

Over time vintage thread can dry out, rot, and disintegrate, even though the strand seems to look fine when you put them on.

I made this horrible discovery as a teenager while wearing a long, flapper-style Deco-era pearl rope necklace my mother had loaned me.

Unfortunately, I was nearing the top of a very high department store escalator at the time...

The store was packed with Christmas shoppers, so all I could do was open my purse to try catch as many of the pearls as I could. I watched in horror as a good many of them bounced down the escalator stairs.

Apparently, vintage pearls aren't always knotted between each bead.

I still get sick to my stomach when I think about it, because they were real pearls a family friend had brought back from Japan in the late 20's or very beginning of the 30's.

Foofoogal

Banned
23SkidooWithYou

I have something similar. I found it on the ground when I was about 7 eons ago in the small downtown that looked like a downtown. I have always treasured it.
May get photo. so busy. Mine has mother of pearl background. I am 98% sure it i a meter minder. Once upon a time people would put money in meters to park and this somehow kept them informed as to when they needed more money. lol

MetroRetroVtg

New in Town
Folly said:
This is my favourite necklace. It was given to me as a gift by a friend's mum, for being such a good friend to her daughter. The chain is platinum, but I have no real idea what the stones are. People say that if it's a platinum setting, then the smaller stones (not the square one) may be diamonds. I've been told the blue stones are very likely to be aqua-marine. It's art deco by the way :)

artdeconecklace.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! And I agree with a later posting this is a Czech piece -- and appears to be late 20's Deco set with lovely Bohemian glass.

From the pic, your necklace appears to be rhodium plated, and the clear stones are chaton cut rhinestones. What makes this piece especially endearing is the faceting and shapes used for those blue stones.

Nice save on the French Jet beaded necklace too! A quick restringing, and you're ready to go! :)

Lillemor

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Love my new display so...
0119002159.jpg

I could use at least 10 of those for my growing collection of costume jewelry. Dad just sent me some jj cats and some other pieces of newer and older costume jewelry.

Good Ol' Days

New in Town
Jewellery/accessories

Hi all

Now, being new to the whole look (and still trying to get it!:confused: ) I was wondering what jewellery/accessories women - particularly the 40's - wore?
I'm talking earrings, necklaces, and the like. I know brooches were fashionable, but that's about all I know :eek: lol

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I'm not an expert by any means, but i have a simple string of pearls which are classic and which my grandma gave me, which i wear most days. Same with earrings, i wear mostly pearls which i don't think you can go wrong with. I have some little celluloid round earrings with flowers in them, with the matching brooches as i collect them. Dress clips were popular too, again i have a set of my grandma's which you can use to accessorise shoes, dresses, jackets, evening gowns, hair, etc, clip 'em on and go! I wear alot of brooches, i love cameos particularly. I always just try and look at old pics and films to see what jewels they wore.:)

Katarina

New in Town
Here are two scans:

yzLTk.jpg

L4Ytt.jpg

These were taken from a book called Fashion Accessories: The Complete 20th Century Sourcebook by John Peacock. I know it's hard to see the detail of the drawings, so I'm uploading the full-sized versions onto my blog and I'll edit this post with a link to them.

<edit>You can see the full-sized scans (careful, they're like 2MB) here. </edit>

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I thought you might enjoy seeing my jewelry collection. Not everthing is vintage, but that will keep you on your toes!
Here goes:

sminkbord1.jpg

Vanity tables are meant for make-up, but since I have much more jewelry than make-up, and I need to see it all to pick out the perfect pieces, I use my vanity table as a giant jewelry box.
Here's the drawer
sminkbord2.jpg

Since it's springtime I have a sundae filled with birds, insects, lambs and umbrellas for easy access:
sminkbord3.jpg

I also have a bowl of roses:
sminkbord45rosfull.jpg

sminkbord45rostom.jpg

I think my signature jewelry pieces are giant rings, blue roses, bows, and novelty brooches.

Now show me yours!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner