Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Lust

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
m15621d.jpg

If only one day, I could get my hands on the Mark X....:D

JEEP

Practically Family
I had the Omega version of the RAF watch for a few days, but upon discovering it was a re-dial I passed it on. It's very simular to the IWC.

Regards.

Jakob

RetroPat

Familiar Face
I'm still looking for a Formica Dinette Set in good condition at the right price. A waterfall bedroom set would be nice too. My vintage lust tends to lead more towards furniture than anything else.

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
I would love a set of 8 "Blue Heaven" placemats.

My dishes are "Blue Heaven" and I've heard from a antique dealer friend of mine that they made a small run of placemats in the same pattern, but I've yet to see them, and my friend has only seen them once.

Also, a mint condition (or near-mint) copy of the 1954 General Mills ad for Jello that contains a flamingo. All the copies of this that i've seen have dings or holes in really noticeable places.

sigh, a gal can dream...

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
LawnFlamingo said:
I would love a set of 8 "Blue Heaven" placemats.

My dishes are "Blue Heaven" and I've heard from a antique dealer friend of mine that they made a small run of placemats in the same pattern, but I've yet to see them, and my friend has only seen them once.
If anywhere in the world would be able to help you: rumour has it, there's a place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin that can match almost any china pattern known to man! Maybe a sympathetic employee can give you some leads... article mentioning the place on Water Street (the "Historic Third District"): http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0CE6D6143EF93BA25754C0A967958260
LawnFlamingo said:
Also, a mint condition (or near-mint) copy of the 1954 General Mills ad for Jello that contains a flamingo. All the copies of this that i've seen have dings or holes in really noticeable places.
I was foolish enough to rubber cement the back of my copy of that add, so there's a spot in each corner where it has darkened over time. :(

BUT.... there's a store just north of Chicago that would be a good place to inquire: http://www.magazinememories.com/
EDIT: I know that the September 11, 1954 edition of the Saturday Evening Post has that particular ad, because that's where mine came from.

SpitfireXIV said:
If anywhere in the world would be able to help you: rumour has it, there's a place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin that can match almost any china pattern known to man! Maybe a sympathetic employee can give you some leads... article mentioning the place on Water Street (the "Historic Third District"): http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0CE6D6143EF93BA25754C0A967958260
Hmmm, maybe I should see if they can reproduce the old NYC 20th Century china... thanks for the idea!

Brinybay

Practically Family
Gilbey said:
Is there any vintage thing that is tugging at your heart? Maybe it's unattainable or maybe you're still saving to get it? What is it that you really wanted to have?

Hard to choose, but one of these would be nice:

1155245991935_05669

KilroyCD said:
Mike, the Mustang is sweet, but I'd rather have the Spitfire Mk. XIV.
Are you sure you're not just sucking up to one of your fellow members who's also partial to that model of Spit?:p Not too bad, but make mine a Black Widow with an F2G Super Corsair-style R-4360 re-engine...
P_61BlackWidow72.jpg

Image is only a "stock" version, sorry... just something about a big, fast twin in gloss-black with a whole bunch of BFG's in its belly...

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
Hmmm, maybe I should see if they can reproduce the old NYC 20th Century china... thanks for the idea!
I think the place in Milwaukee is more of a warehouse of discontinued/old patterns. The other places I mentioned, I don't know...

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
KilroyCD said:
Not at all, I've always been partial to that variant of the Spit. :p
it's the longer fuselage and Griffon engine. and the 5 blade prop. that's my reason for admiring it so.

der schneider

One of the Regulars
when a kid I had a black widow modell and my buddy wouls tease me for being in love with a black widow.

this morning I was thinking all i need now is a submarine and a airplane.
and a victrola to play my stack of 78's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot