Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Midnight Blue 1940-50s evening tails white tie 44 Large

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I am selling one of my sets of evening tails. I've posted many photos of this set on the Lounge over the years.
400740146.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221807259777?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Used, midnight blue, vintage tail suit, by Rudofker, After Six. My suspicion is this was a rental for some years at "Joyner of Fry" in Tyler, Texas. It is a classic post-war set of evening tails, long tails, black satin lapels, nice thick braid down the side of the trousers, deep midnight blue color, double rear facing/American pleats, button hole in lapel for flowers, etc. When put together with all the right accessories this is a smashing evening dress, I've worn this set at diplomatic balls and other formal functions and gotten many compliments.

Measurements:
Coat:
Across the back from shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 20 1/4"
Length, down the back from below collar to end of tails: 44"
Sleeve: 26
Chest: pit to pit measured flat: 23

Trousers:
Insteam: 32.5
Waist (measured flat): 18 (so 36 total).

Normal vintage flaws: weak stitches in lining that has come loose in a few places (see photos), some repaired tears/rips near collar, stitching come loose where collar meets stain lapel facing. Satin in good condition nor rips. One sleeve button broken (see photo). Trousers have been re-sized a few times and had some repairs done to reinforce suspender/braces buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic