Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Milan (MINT) 7 3/8

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage Italian made McAndrew Milan weave straw in MINT condition. This thing is un worn!
No wear anywhere. Size is marked 7 3/8. Brim is 2 1/2. Silk Puggare is clean . The leather sweat is soft and pliable . Tip liner is mint.
The straw is just as exceptional. What else is there to say. Its vintage Italian Milan of the highest quality and craftsmanship . None of the Borsalino Milan's I've owned were as nice as this one is. Color , condition and quality are all here. Original box with saks ticket but no info on it.
Asking 275.

Last edited:

bond

Size around inner sweat is dead on at 23".
Also unique to this hat is the way the sweatband is secured. It seems to move or float very well done .
Thanks

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Very nice, bond. A real treasure.

The sweatband installation is intriguing. I can't make out any reed, but since you mentioned that it is in fact reeded, I guess it could be a thin cloth reed, what do you think? Hard to make out in the pics, with the woven Milan right next to the sweat.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Very lovely piece! Great color and proportions.
Would fit me nicely... but alas I don't have the cash. :(

It will certainly find a appreciating buyer.

bond

Could not get my camera inside sweat but it looks like two other pieces in there like a normal sweat and a narrow piece which appears to be sewn in to the straw on side of crown. There is a row of stitching under the base of the crown under the ribbon on outside.
Very neatly done I might add.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Could not get my camera inside sweat but it looks like two other pieces in there like a normal sweat and a narrow piece which appears to be sewn in to the straw on side of crown. There is a row of stitching under the base of the crown under the ribbon on outside.
Very neatly done I might add.

I sure wish you could wave a magic wand on this one and make it a 7 1/2, I would buy it right now for my Husband, this is such a fantastic looking hat.

mingoslim

Practically Family
I am with Cindy . . . I wish you could wave a magic wand on this one and make it a 7 1/2 . . .
I tell ya Bond, you come up with some beauties!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic