Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage neon signs

This seems wrong - I doubt the pig would be smiling if he knew what happened to his kind here. Still, good looking sign:
f1f082b21b0e84464431fda045435671.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
This classic has been around since 1950 in my neck of the woods.
bun-n-barrel-coca-cola-sas.jpg

Someone must be taking care of it.
Still works with the only changes made being the location and height.
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 12.17.30 PM.jpg

It was moved from the street corner, lowered and placed over here. :oops:
12_10-5_roadside_bun_(medium).jpg

Across the street, a Burger King and another fast food chain have come and gone over the years but the Bun & Barrel rolls along with delicious barbecue prepared fresh daily.

Last edited:
Not quite sure it all really makes sense - the dog sitting on the hamburger, seemingly, trying to lick the hotdog, but heck, somebody put effort and money into this hot mess of a sign, so I at least applaud the enthusiasm. And I'm note even sure there's any neon here :( (there are some holes, so maybe the tubes were there once - I don't know).
f0a4307192010ccf55c6456eaa3caea2.jpg

Last edited:

3fingers

One Too Many
At first glance the hot dog looks like it has a little red hat on, for extra levels of ???.
I had to look at it a minute to make it out. Hopefully it is easier to see standing under the sign.
Since it appears the same at the bottom I suspect the bun is red and the lighter slightly pink ends are the sausage sticking out of the ends of the bun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes