Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
John, I've only made a couple of them so there aren't many to show. What normally happens is that my client will "tweak" the specs a little to fit their body or facial style and then it's a "one of a kind" rather than the LE.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Mahoot4.jpg
Mahoot2.jpg

I don't normally do this but my client does not post here and I am SO excited about this hat I wanted everyone to see it. There is a long story about this body, dating 62 yrs, in a color I have never seen before and may never again. It was originally felted for the Mallory Hat Co in 1952, is a super featherweight ( 2.4 oz. to start with ) and by far is the most difficult yet rewarding felt i have ever worked with. More to come....

John Elliott

New in Town
View attachment 17495
View attachment 17496

I don't normally do this but my client does not post here and I am SO excited about this hat I wanted everyone to see it. There is a long story about this body, dating 62 yrs, in a color I have never seen before and may never again. It was originally felted for the Mallory Hat Co in 1952, is a super featherweight ( 2.4 oz. to start with ) and by far is the most difficult yet rewarding felt i have ever worked with. More to come....

Hi Art,

Thanks for your earlier reply regarding the University Ave. hat. This one is a beauty! Very nice.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
OK, I've lined the colors up ( a few are still missing) but here is the range Gents. Many I would consider Ladies colors but that works right into my plan for expanding to the Ladies market. I panned the camera left to right

IMG_0974.jpg IMG_0975.jpg IMG_0976.jpg

Ybor City Dave

New in Town
I just got my first "Work Of Art" yesterday and have not been able to take it off. The fit is perfect and the Beaver felt is incredible. A better hand than my Borsalino beavers. I asked him for an Air force themed hat (Blue smoke, darker ribbon with silver accents and that's what he gave me). He suggested a bound brim and I'm glad he did. I asked him to make the ribbon treatment look like Sgt. stripes and he hit that one out of the park also.

I look forward to meeting him in person when he comes to Florida later this year.

MikeU

Familiar Face
You have the hat that's talked about ,I'm in the queue also it's driving me crazy the ribbon is what makes the hat , the color is almost like black cherry, but less dark tone looks very cool on you .!! Day time pics show a little brown an shady pics show it to be much darker a Camilian changes color in the mood ..!!

Hi, Mike! This one is what Art is calling "Mahoot." From my translation, that's about cordovan. Similar to his second light weight version of black cherry, but with more brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav