Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Straw Panama

Hello
Looking for a vintage straw panama size 7 1/4 (head size is 22 5/8) Thanks

I may be able to help. I have a NOS Cavanagh Panama Optimo. It's tagged as a 7-3/8, but it seems a bit on the scant side. I'll measure later, if you'd like.

ALSO, I am also the proud custodian of two like new, if not new Milan straw lids, both are 7-1/4.

If you're open to looking, I'll get some photos up later today.

Gunloader55

One of the Regulars
I may be able to help. I have a NOS Cavanagh Panama Optimo. It's tagged as a 7-3/8, but it seems a bit on the scant side. I'll measure later, if you'd like.

ALSO, I am also the proud custodian of two like new, if not new Milan straw lids, both are 7-1/4.

If you're open to looking, I'll get some photos up later today.
I’d like to see pictures!

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
Yes, I certainly would like to see pics and what you are asking. You can pm or email if that is easier. Here the style I would like to get. Thank you, Ron

Attachments

• classfed-02.jpg
    classfed-02.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thank you for Brent's photo. That saves a lot of time. The fedora style above is not what quite I have, which are more of an optimo or porkpie block. If you are totally committed to the fedora style, you'll need to keep looking.

Although in pristine, or NOS condition, these might be just too stylish. Should you change your mind, I can post additional photos, including the interiors.

DSC02475.jpg DSC02472.jpg DSC02453.jpg

Thank you, sir! The pinched fedora style certainly comes under the classification of a category "classic," and as such is normally the first pick for most.

These lids definitively represent the fifties' or sixties' fashions; but less classic, less of a "leading man" look. If a more casual, sporty image is what you're after, these are the lids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner