Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Sweatshirt Project

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's my latest creation. The sweatshirt is a great double V from Polo, with no logos or anything, "aged" to make it look worn.
The image comes from the paper tag from a pair of 1940's work pants.
I love it. Now I just need the temperature to drop so I can wear it. It's in the 90's today here in Palookaville.
IMG_2246.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Looks great Flat Top!!

It continually amazes me the ingenuity that members have in creating things like this!! It just looks fantastic. Did you enlarge the image and get it printed onto one of those 'iron on' sheets that you can use at home?

Really inspiring stuff - cheers!! :eusa_clap

flat-top

PADDY said:
It continually amazes me the ingenuity that members have in creating things like this!! It just looks fantastic. Did you enlarge the image and get it printed onto one of those 'iron on' sheets that you can use at home?

Really inspiring stuff - cheers!! :eusa_clap
Thank you sir!
I work with some great people at a local shop. I present my ideas and they are able to make them come to life.
The image is digitally transferred onto the shirt, so it kinda looks like it was "always" on there.

AlanC

Very sharp! I just picked up a couple of (no logo) Polo vintage looking sweatshirts myself. They were on clearance in a consignment store. They're really nice shirts.

flat-top

jgilbert said:
Nice. When you say "aged" what all did you do?
Thanks
Well, Polo did it for me actually! There's "wear" around the collar and cuffs, so it doesn't look brand new..and that's good!

Burnsie

flat-top said:
Well, Polo did it for me actually! There's "wear" around the collar and cuffs, so it doesn't look brand new..and that's good!

Lemme guess - much less $ than a Buzz Rickson, right!?!

flat-top

I just got my hands on 2 deadstock 1940's tanks. Not ribbed like a wife beater, but smooth like an undershirt. I was thinking of putting the boxer image from above on them and selling them. Anybody out there interested before I put em on Ebay?

carter

I'll Lock Up
Very cool project!

flat-top said:
I just got my hands on 2 deadstock 1940's tanks. Not ribbed like a wife beater, but smooth like an undershirt. I was thinking of putting the boxer image from above on them and selling them. Anybody out there interested before I put em on Ebay?

What size are they?

If you took order on the boxing sweatshirts, like MK did for the last run of the MKMF and was done for the NRA shirts, I think you could do well here on the FL. Maybe both T-shirts and sweatshirts?

flat-top

carter said:
What size are they?

If you took order on the boxing sweatshirts, like MK did for the last run of the MKMF and was done for the NRA shirts, I think you could do well here on the FL. Maybe both T-shirts and sweatshirts?
The tanks are a Large (42-44).
I can do tees, but sweatshirts are tougher. Finding inexpensive blank vintage style sweatshirts is not easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn