Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Wedding Dresses

just_me

Practically Family
NicolettaRose said:
A ? about vintage wedding dresses from the 30's: where any of them sleeveless or did all of them have sleeves? I know a lot of the 1930's 'style' dresses are sleeveless, but I have never seen a vintage one that is.
My dress was from the 30s and had lace sleeves.

wedding001.jpg

ChristineSprig

New in Town
maisie said:
Here is a picture of the wedding dress:

wed1.jpg

The whole outfit was fairly cheap actually the dress was about $40 and the headpiece which is gorgeous, it is a Art Deco shape made of out cream and oyster coloured seed pearls, was only $10!!!!:eek:

Goodness, that's beautiful! I regret that my husband and I did not have a vintage wedding, as we got married before we truly fell in love with vintage clothes and prior to starting our collection of fashions. I love this dress and head piece.

Maybe for our 5 year anniversary we will do a great vintage wedding celebration or something :)

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
michiigrrl said:
I love IT!!! The only problem is that I need it to be crisp white. BUT!!! I now have an idea of what I'm looking for. I want something VERY similar. Thanks for sharing your pictures, I just love it and you look gorgeous in it!:)

I don't know if you found your dress, but I'm thinking of selling mine, I just got married October 24 of this year. Here's some pics of the dress this was the day I found it, I'll try to upload some as I get them from the wedding:

bunny chan

Familiar Face
My sister is getting married in June (second marriage!). She's going to dress with a Vivien of Holloway.

vivien%20of%20holloway.jpg

White like this with red petticoat and accessories!

I will be her maid of honour and I will be dressed in the same way but in a cotton fabric, maybe cream colour with pink petticoat.

B.

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Wasn't sure whether to start a new thread but I'll tag this on here and if a mod wants to make a new thread then I'm happy for it to be so....

I'd like to make some vintage/repro wedding favours/gift for the bride/'things' maybe made out of old laces, buttons, faux pearls etc etc but am a bit stuck for ideas.

My friend is having a very very small wedding, but I want to make it just as special for her so aiming to have lots of surprises for her. :)

I thought I might try and make her a mongrammed garter, but would like some other ideas of things I could make as I have a few months until it's going to happen. (something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue needs covering)

Have been away for a bit I hope you're all well ladies. :D

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Check your local antique and junque (I like that spelling ;)) shops... vintage hankies with lace or embroidery can often be had for $1 apiece or less! These can be worked into favors or place settings or centerpieces. Or use them to decorate the ring pillow... I'm sure you can come up with more ideas! Check craft stores for ready-made pieces to fuel ideas, and then do them yourself, only better. My girlfriend picked up a beautiful set of antique toasting glasses, again dirt cheap, for her and her new hubby's first toast as man and wifte at a local antique shop. If you can't find any, buy plain ones and decorate them - glass etching chemicals can be ordered online, or found in craft and hardware stores depending on where you live. Lots of possibilities!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Wasn't sure whether to start a new thread but I'll tag this on here and if a mod wants to make a new thread then I'm happy for it to be so....

I'd like to make some vintage/repro wedding favours/gift for the bride/'things' maybe made out of old laces, buttons, faux pearls etc etc but am a bit stuck for ideas.

My friend is having a very very small wedding, but I want to make it just as special for her so aiming to have lots of surprises for her. :)

I thought I might try and make her a mongrammed garter, but would like some other ideas of things I could make as I have a few months until it's going to happen. (something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue needs covering)

Have been away for a bit I hope you're all well ladies. :D

Oh welcome back, good to hear from you Missy - i hope you're well more to the point.

The wedding favours idea from vintage fabric and using vintage buttons and bits for decoration is cute. I like the traditional little bags with sugared almonds myself.

For my best mates wedding i did the 'something borrowed, something blue thing, by buying a cute vintage jewel box in a junk shop, then i added a little seed pearl necklace (vintage and mine for the borrowed), an enamelled bluebird brooch for the blue, a vintage lace collar thing for the old and some lavender i picked for the new. I presented it to her and we both blubbed and then got a bit squiffy as you do.

I like the garter idea too.

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the replies, I have been well Miss Sofia but attempting to save not spend and I found it to difficult being on here and not spending lol. I trust you're doing ok? :)

I love your box idea, and Garcie Lee's glasses, I like your spelling of Junque shops too Gracie Lee :D

So now I've got to have a look around for 'bits'...

Isabel

New in Town
Oh, I am having my wedding soon. Busy preparing my wedding dress and bridesmaid dress, make up, honeymoon ect. (I am a newbie here, my name is Bella, nice to know you all)
I almost stress out, with so many things to think about.
Sorry I don't have advise on your question, but i do like some of the dress of your link, I am planing a simple but unique wedding.
For my three bridesmaids, do you think this dress is good enough?
http://www.vintagestyleclothing.com/40005page.html (thanks for the link I find this great dress)

and this cute one
http://www.vintagestyleclothing.com/alt3b63page.html

They got different characteristics, so the style are different.

Do you think what kind of make up I should use? sorry got too many question, you know how wedding stress out.

sexy dress ( bridesmaid like karen millen brand)
http://www.karenmillendressesuk.com/karen-millen-jewelled-dress-p-443.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner