Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage wool cycling jerseys

pipvh

Practically Family
Any interest in three old cycling jerseys in great worn condition? Two Belgians (Ijsbroeke and "Lucky Sprinters") and an Italian national team jersey from late 70s early 80s.

Belgians £25 inc. postage in the UK, Italian £45 inc postage as before. Photos to come.

pipvh

Practically Family
Photos coming up.

I should have mentioned size: the curse of vintage jerseys is that they always seem to be sized extremely small, whereas these are all in Weekend Warrior-friendly large sizes. I'm a broad-shouldered 42 and they fit me fine, particularly if I've actually been out on my bike a few times...

pipvh

Practically Family
Italia. I think - not positive - that this is pure wool. It's really soft and incredibly comfortable.

Italia1.jpg

italia2.jpg

Ijsboerke. This is 90% wool, 10% acrylic.

ijsboerke1.jpg

ijsboerke2.jpg

Lucky Sprinters: no label, but this feels like the Ijsboerke - I think this has a high wool content.

luckysprinters1.jpg

lucky2.jpg

Papa M

A-List Customer
Excellent. Not quite my thing at those prices. If I bought them I probably couldn't wear them. -I ride Elektra American Beach Cruisers.

I've passed the link to my cycle buddy who rides proper bikes - those ones with razor-blade saddles that go right up your bottom!

pipvh

Practically Family
Thanks, Papa M.

those ones with razor-blade saddles that go right up your bottom!
Remember that ad? Dad looks ruefully at son finding birthday prezzie racer:
"Ooh... I were right about that saddle, though."

pipvh

Practically Family
Thanks for getting back to me, Hendrik.

Soooo....

Two Beautiful Belgian Biking jerseys are still for sale! Come on, people - you could be a Lucky Sprinter this summer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff