Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visit to New York - American Made - Denim & Khakis - Shopping Advice Sought

banjax

New in Town
Hello,

I am about to make a visit to New York City and was wondering if any chap, or lady, more familiar with the city could help me.

I've been trying to identify a suitable shop, or shops, to visit who would stock classic styles.

I'm particularly interested in Khakis (Bills/Charleston) and Denim (Prison Blue's, ?) but generally classic and if they're made by small producers manufacturing in the US mores the better.

In the UK, I'm attempting to support those traditional local craft focussed manufacturers that have survived (Gloverall, Sunspel) or those have started up (Private White, Old Town). I'd like to do the sames in the states.

I'm toying with staying in Lower Manhattan or Brooklyn while I'm there but prepared to make a trip out to NJ if needed. I'm also moving on New Orleans so that's also a possibility.

I really would be most appreciative of any suggestions or advice you could give. Thanks for reading.

If you are on the Lower East Side, there are many great shops: Epaulet, Self Edge, Wolverine , etc.
If you are looking for leather bags, etc you should stop at the Village Tannery on Bleeker in the West Village- I've had a leather backpack from them for 20 years (they make their own) and it keeps getting better...& there is a lifetime guarantee (they repair for free+shipping).
Have a great time- I'm sure there will be many great suggestions...

Pinhead

One of the Regulars
Left Field NYC

http://www.leftfieldnyc.net/stockists.php

I warn visitors that my twisted sense of personal style is oft scorned (you'll be fine in NYC) in some of the backwood towns and burgs. (Hey, this IS America!) Anything goes in NO, so you'll be fine there, also. (In the city, anyway.) (My hats and clothing WILL get me thumped in some of the working-class towns I travel to for work.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24