Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vtg. Sz.40-42 L blue flannel SB suit, British-made US style 1940-50's

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
For sale is a beautiful, perfect condition Bold-Look suit from London.
Made in Britain, but to American fashions by "Alexandre of Oxford Street London"... a store that catered mainly to American soldiers in the UK.

Extremely soft, comfy, rich royal blue wool flannel.

Dates from ca. 1949-1953. Typical Bold-Look cut with Hollywood-waist trousers. Jacket still with well-accentuated waist, so not overly "boxy".

Size is a perfect 40-42 Long and has plenty of fabric for lengthening it further.
Sleeves 65 cm / 25.6 inches, Shoulders 48 cm / 18.8 inches, Trouser waist 90 cm / 35.5 inches (sits high on the navel). 32.5 inches inleg with real full cuffs.

It fits me (42 Long) well, but I prefer earlier period suits, so will pass this on.

SAM_8741.jpg

SAM_8742.jpg

SAM_8744.jpg

Price: only 199 USD + actual lowest shipping via DHL.
Paypal accepted.

willyto

One Too Many
I think it was already on Ebay during the past week but didn't sell. It's a fantastic blue shade!

It is in great condition, someone should grab it! I just can't justify it since I have two blue suits on the way, one happens to be from Fastuni and the other one from Old Town.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I prefer earlier suits as well but I can't be too picky with my long arms. Is there enough seam allowance to squeeze out another two inches from the sleeves?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24