Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waiting for Classic Style Magazine

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
Well, its worth waiting for.....

I'll be in SoCal in March and plan to have dinner at The Madison in Long Beach, thanks to the article in Classic Style. I'll definitely squeeze in another stop or two as featured to take advantage of my time there.
Too bad its a quarterly. It takes a lot of will-power not to read it from cover to cover the first time ! :)

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First copy arrived yesterday. The magazine's name is the best description of the magazine itself. They are collector pieces! Very nice, MK!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

dean

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
My first issue of Classic Style just arrived and it was well worth the wait! What an incredible job.

We all need to do whatever we can to keep this magazine alive. I have some friends who would enjoy it so I'm planning on gifting them subscriptions.

I showed the cover to my wife and said "Look, a magazine made just for me."

Every article a keeper! And the layout and design should win awards for its beauty and class!

I can't wait for issue #2.

DocBob345

Familiar Face
It arrived!

At long last my wait is over. Just received my copy yesterday and couldn't be more pleased.

MK, excellent job! This first issue was not only as stylish as expected but informative as well. I enjoyed the vendor ads as much as anything else, I think.

I look forward to the next issue, and remaining a subscriber for years to come.

Best,
Robert

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
This just in...

I received my first issue in the mail yesterday. I can't say the wait was extraordinarily long, as it's only been a couple of weeks since I subscribed. It just felt like forever!

This is a beautiful magazine, with a style unlike anything I've seen recently. It's informative, of course, but a visual treat, too.

One of the most striking things for me is that the ads don't overwhelm the content. Many of the magazines I see today have so many ads, it's hard to find the content. When I pick up a magazine off the rack, the first thing I look for is the table of contents. In some magazines, you have to search through a volume of full page ads to find the TOC hidden in between.

My hat's off to Mr. Key and the entire staff of Classic Style. Keep up the good work!

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
DeeDub said:
content. Many of the magazines I see today have so many ads, it's hard to find the content. When I pick up a magazine off the rack, the first thing I look for is the table of contents. In some magazines, you have to search through a volume of full page ads to find the TOC hidden in between.

The longer the magazine is around and the more successful it is, the more ads it will have. It's how they make their money. A recent example for me is when I started with Dwell magazine. Great design and not many ads, probably only 1/4 inch thick. Now it's around 3/4 inch thick with the same editorial content. That's just the price of success. Ads are fine, it's just the way it is, and I'm sure once Classic Style hits it big it will thicken up too!:)

gpwpat

Familiar Face
my favorite part is the pictorials in the back. Since I am new at trying to throw together classic style it helped me put together pieces I already had. Great visual reference. I liked the way the models look. great piece of visual reference. Give me more of that.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Even though I'm a subscriber, I've made it a point whenever I'm in Barnes & Noble or Borders or the like to ask if they have it. I know they don't...yet...but they always add it to the list of what they want. And I've also taken it with me to other stores saying I'm looking for something like this or that, just so it's getting some more exposure, and some stores do keep a few magazines to keep up on what's out there. I figure the more people seeing it and giving it a little flip-through, the better for MK and the magazine. I had it a Nordstrom and the clerk was asking the manager "Have you seen this? This is great!" and they both looked it over and jotted it down. I said the bookstores would be carrying it soon, but they could log on & subscribe now and not have to wait. ;)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
J. M. Stovall said:
The longer the magazine is around and the more successful it is, the more ads it will have. It's how they make their money. A recent example for me is when I started with Dwell magazine. Great design and not many ads, probably only 1/4 inch thick. Now it's around 3/4 inch thick with the same editorial content. That's just the price of success. Ads are fine, it's just the way it is, and I'm sure once Classic Style hits it big it will thicken up too!:)

SO true about Dwell. I pulled out the premiere issue and compaired it to the new ones. Man, its all ads for items, not the modern architecture. But the mag is still a great one tho :)

LD

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Barnes & Noble STATUS ????

Whats the status of "Classic Style" @ Barnes & Noble. Still nothing & I've stopped asking. [huh]

SC :(

PS Can't buy the product if it ain't on the rack !!!

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I've been stopping in and calling B&N about twice a week. I'm glad to hear that Classic Style is on its way.

They are probably going to get a laugh at the store when they see that the magazine that the "guy in the hat" has been waiting for has "Return of the Hat" on the front cover. I love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran