Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted - 40's and 50's era mens trousers in larger sizes

Hey!

Posting on behalf of my husband who is looking for his first pairs of vintage trousers. Hoping for something that is a summer weight and material but anything is really fine. He likes the pleated front styles, and measurements are as follows (I took his measurements but am new to the world of gentlemen's apparel so advice and info on measuring and sizing is always helpful!)

Natural Waist 1 in or so above navel: 95 cm or 37.5" (so pants in 37 or 38 should be fine)
Outer seam from natural waist to floor: 119 cm or 47"
Rise (again taken from natural waist): His modern rise jeans are 11" so probably 13" or 14"?
Inseam: 79 cm or 31"

I don't mind hemming so longer is fine, and as length was measured all the way to the floor (barefoot) I imagine a little shorter would be ok too? Reproductions are also fine :)

Last edited:
I should mention that in modern jeans he wears a 34x34. I assume that is because the waist is so much lower and crotch a tighter, higher fit, resulting in a larger waist measurement going over the tummy and shorter inseam because of the lower starting point....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot