Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WANTED: A REAL car... meaning a vintage car ;)

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
Chas said:
Two words for you, darlin'.

Plymouth.

Valiant.

The slant-six is the best production engine ever. If the body and tranny are in good shape, and if properly maintained, it will last forever. And after-market parts are plentiful and cheap.

Simplicity, reliability and they look nice enough.
1967PlymouthValiantSignet4doorSedan01.jpg

awwwww but that's not 30's-50's lol :p

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jtcarrey said:
oh well... can't afford to spend $1500 on new rotors and brakes...

So if you can't afford $1500 for regular maintenance on your present car, how are you going to afford it when you can't stop in time and, hahaha, you ram into someone, your car's wrecked, they're suing you, and your insurance is canceled? What are you going to do when your insurance company refuses to cover you because, hahahaha, you've been driving around ignoring a known mechanical problem and admitted as much in public forum? Or you're left unable to work for some period of time or worse, permanently due to your injuries from the accident? How are you going to feel when someone ends up dead? And the longer you put off repairs like that, the more it ultimately costs you...and you think a vintage car's going to cost you LESS and have fewer problems?

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
Mike in Seattle said:
So if you can't afford $1500 for regular maintenance on your present car, how are you going to afford it when you can't stop in time and, hahaha, you ram into someone, your car's wrecked, they're suing you, and your insurance is canceled? What are you going to do when your insurance company refuses to cover you because, hahahaha, you've been driving around ignoring a known mechanical problem and admitted as much in public forum? Or you're left unable to work for some period of time or worse, permanently due to your injuries from the accident? How are you going to feel when someone ends up dead? And the longer you put off repairs like that, the more it ultimately costs you...and you think a vintage car's going to cost you LESS and have fewer problems?

hahaha not funny.. but yes, I have thought about these things and that's why I take a bus to alot of my destinations... but thank you for making this a laughing matter, it wouldn't be funny if any of those things happenned.... like I said before, I'm just a stupid girl, thanks for helping me notice that even more

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i'm sorry, but i really hate the phrase "just a stupid girl". you're not, you know it, so stop acting like it! why not just say, "this is something i don't know much about but would like to learn more. here are my questions, and i'm willing to listen to your answers." people will probably take you more seriously and be more willing to help.

/two cents

jtcarrey said:
hahaha not funny.. but yes, I have thought about these things and that's why I take a bus to alot of my destinations... but thank you for making this a laughing matter, it wouldn't be funny if any of those things happenned.... like I said before, I'm just a stupid girl, thanks for helping me notice that even more

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
I'm sorry, I just didn't like feeling insulted by what he said... the last thing I'd want to do is hurt someone because my brakes give out... and the way he made it seem was as if I didn't care about anyone else's lives..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran