Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Big size (54L=>) G-1 for a longarmed monkey

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Just looking for a G-1, can be mil-spec or civilian cut, I am not looking for the "authenticity" as much as for "it actually fits". Goatskin and real mouton is of course preferrable, but I'm not that picky. USCG spec flush sidewarmers are fine as well as removable collars, zip linings etc... Even if it is a gaudy "TopGun" with some bordello interior printed maps (just don't think they increase the value, au contraire). I don't mind if it is worn or if the cuffs are moth-eaten.

And now we come to the sizing issue. Needs to be size fitting for 6ft3 inches with long arms, long back and 230-230 lbs and wearing a bodywarmer vest and a couple of aran sweaters underneath and hates a "tight fit". So lets start with "adult sizes" like US 54L upwards... I've gotten a bit of an idea of Cooper sizing, but the cuts and makes are different. Bigger is better as I can always get some modifications done to tighten up, but longer arms or wider sholders don't happen.

I know I can get a new cheap one, but I'd rather want to try and find a preowned as they have more character. And especially from someone "my size" who knows what I'm talking about when I mean "long". I've got a problem with freezing my back when riding a motorcycle, and hence also need the arms to be long enough as I'm having them extended.

But anyhow, I'm welcoming suggestions (or even pointers of where to look). Please PM me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay