Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Wide Brimmed Beater, size 7.5 +

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I'm looking for a wide brimmed hat for a project, my budget is very small, and my head is very big. I need something in a size 7 1/2 or 7 5/8 (60 or 61 cm), with about a 3 inch brim. Thinner and softer felt is best. I prefer tan, brown, or black, but I'm open to anything if it strikes me just so. So, if anybody has an old beater that fits the bill, drop me a line.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm looking for a wide brimmed hat for a project, my budget is very small, and my head is very big. I need something in a size 7 1/2 or 7 5/8 (60 or 61 cm), with about a 3 inch brim. Thinner and softer felt is best. I prefer tan, brown, or black, but I'm open to anything if it strikes me just so. So, if anybody has an old beater that fits the bill, drop me a line.
Well, just asking you what is your budget on a hat for what you are looking for?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I'm somewhat flexible, depending on what comes my way. I will pay in accordance with the hat's condition, and the cheaper the better... but I want to keep it under $60 if I can.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
If you do not find anything from one of us, jump on eBay they have a few nice hats, you could do a conversion with that are western hats and very nice quality, none have a high bid on them, either.

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
I don't mind wool, but the size is an issue. If it's too snug on you, it will be too snug on me. :(

It's a "large." Snug? Ehhhh ... a bit tighter than my true 7 1/2's but not uncomfortably so. But if you're on the bigger end of the size, as your request for a 60 or 61 would indicate, it's probably a bit smaller than you need.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here's the info you requested, NB. The brim is still just a little stiff but the crown is quite soft and malleable.
Brim 3 3/8"
Circumferrence just a tad under 24 inches
Open crown height about 5 1/2"
Opening 6 7/8" by 8 3/8"

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Stetson No. 1 Quality
IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

Forum statistics