Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing hat cocked to the side..

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
I have two fedoras, one that has a bow on it and is really just a feminine version of a fedora. That one naturally tilts to the side and is ment to be worn that way.

I have another one that is a men's fedora (i had to find a really small size!) and it does not work tilted to the side.

so, I think it's more about the hat then the person. Most men look much more dapper with a non-tilted fedora, in my opinion.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
She can wear it cocked for sure... gtd
00003f.jpg
W :eek: W....I didn't even notice her wearing a hat. :D

Archéologue

Wearing the hat tilted to the side has a certain rakish look that is appealing.
I wear my fedora canted toward the front of the head, thus getting more shade from the hat brim over the eyes.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
I'll forgo the comments on the racy pics of Ms. Anniston :eek:

As to the topic, like Sinatra, Bing and Dean sang in Robin and the 7 Hoods:
"..a flower's not a flower if it's wilted...
A hat's not a hat, till it's tilted..."
You've Either Got, or you haven't got STYLE! :D

There are racy pics? She's got clothes on, for God's sake. She's looking good.

As for slanted/tilted hats. There are those who have their hats cocked to the same angle every time. There are even those that claim that it is wrong to wear a fedora in any other way; that it is somehow not "vintage accurate", whatever on earth that means. I find that obsessive cocking of the hat often tends to come off as forced or contrived. And contrived is never cool, and certainly not stylish.

I pay no attention as to whether my hat is straight or crooked. So long as it's comfortable, i go nowhere near a mirror or take any notice of the angle of cockedness.

bk

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
In the Marine Corps uniform regulations, the Garrison cover (piss cutter) is meant to be worn at "a rakish angle" (as per NCO handbook 1956).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24