Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weight Loss Club: Do You Have A Weight Loss Goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgea

Banned
This is a thread about sharing your current weight loss goal.

I'll go first: I personally feel that I might be a little overweight by 5 pounds. First I try to maintain my normal weight by eating only 2 moderate meals a day(breakfast and dinner). Next, to lose weight, I exercise for 15 minutes on a daily basis. So far this is working for me.

Now, it's your turn to share.

George Alarcon
georgesalarcon@yahoo.com

http://how-to-lose-5-pounds-in-30-minute.blogspot.com

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
In eight months I lost 35 pounds, but I've recently gained back five. So yes ... the goal is to lose five pounds. What works for me: no bread, no rice, no pasta, no added sugar, and few foods that are naturally sugary.

Last edited:

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Great work, Marc! I lost 14 pounds over the past two years by cutting out added sugar, refined carbs and processed foods. I want to lose five more pounds, too.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I gained quite some weight during the work on my diploma. Now I am finished and some trousers don't fit anymore. Get new trousers or lose some weight? ^^

rue

I went through a bad time in my life about 3 years ago and put on a lot of weight for the first time in my life (I was always pretty thin until then). I'm not going to say how much I lost, because the number is scary :eeek:. I need to lose about 10 lbs and I would be fine, but 15 would be nice ;)

I eat all natural foods (no preservatives) made from scratch and don't deprive myself of anything. I just started watching my portions and the weight fell off.

Steve

Practically Family
In eight months I lost 35 pounds, but I've recently gained back five. So yes ... the goal is to lose five pounds. What works for me: no bread, no rice, no pasta, no added sugar, and few foods that are naturally sugary.

I had put on quite a few pounds myself until I did the same thing, guided mostly by Mark Sisson's "Primal Blueprint" system, along with exercising first thing in the morning before showering and dressing for the day.

I thought I need to lose between 15-20 pounds, I ended up losing 50, along with my seasonal allergies. It's become my lifestyle more than a diet, because I feel way too good to stop living this way.

Last edited:

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
So far I have lost over 400 pounds and still have 100 pounds to go.

Not all at once. Lose 40, gain 50, lose 60, gain 70 etc. My weight is now 286 on a 6' 3" frame.

Most important thing I have learned: fresh fruit and vegetables have no calories. Eat nothing but fruit, vegetables and salads and you will lose no matter how much you eat. Add a little meat, fish, chicken, eggs and cheese and your weight loss will slow down. Add carbs and it will stop or reverse.

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
Right now my goal weight to get to is 230, I've got about 80 pounds to go and am trying my work out and dieting in phases, I'm doing High Intensity Interval Training and weight training with full body workouts for two months to amp up my stamina and my diet during this time is a high protein low carb diet (can't cut carbs out completely because carbs are still essential to a balanced diet, after the first two months I will change the diet and exercise to amp it up even more.

I'm in week 2 of my workout and weight loss program and I can feel a change in my body already even if I can't see it yet.

My goal isn't to get skinny, it's to lose weight and tone up in the process!

Miss Flora

New in Town
My goal is to get skinny. I went through 2+ years of stressful events. Such things usually cause me to lose weight. I gained nearly 40 pounds. It's taken me a few months, but I've lost 25 pounds and have another 15 pounds left to lose. Lost it all the old fashioned way by counting calories, watching portions, skipping meals, and enjoying lots of coffee and water. After reading several vintage diet and beauty books I've discovered most of Golden Hollywood kept slim not with special foods. They simply ate significantly less than we eat today and enjoyed moderate exercise (swimming, walking, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner