Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weird Food Combinations

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
What's your favourite weird food combination? Those foods that really shouldn't go together, but your taste buds say that they must!

Mine: "Imitation Krab Meat" with tabasco sauce. I can't get enough of it!!

I used to like to eat rice cakes with nutella, anchovies, and squeeze icing, but I don't know if I could handle that today :eek: (though I like all of them separately!) I also used to like dipping potato chips into icing.

Yours?

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne said:
What's your favourite weird food combination? Those foods that really shouldn't go together, but your taste buds say that they must!

Mine: "Imitation Krab Meat" with tabasco sauce. I can't get enough of it!!

I used to like to eat rice cakes with nutella, anchovies, and squeeze icing, but I don't know if I could handle that today :eek: (though I like all of them separately!) I also used to like dipping potato chips into icing.

Yours?

I have a lot of these.. Most involve Peanut Butter.

Peanut Butter in a Mushroom Cap.
Peanut Butter on a Hamburger, TurkeyBurger, Bocca Burger.

I will spare you the rest.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I always liked pretzels and icecream and people thought I was weired. Now I'm ticked off that they actually make a storebought version!
I haven't tried it tho, as I bet the pretzels aren't as crunchy!

Nikki

Zig2k143

Practically Family
ohairas said:
I always liked pretzels and icecream and people thought I was weired. Now I'm ticked off that they actually make a storebought version!
I haven't tried it tho, as I bet the pretzels aren't as crunchy!

Nikki

Chubby Hubby

Chubby Hubby is chunks of chocolate covered peanut butter-filled pretzels in a rich vanilla malt ice cream with deep ripples of fudge and peanut butter.

MMmmmmmmMmMmm

Sunny

One Too Many
Fritos in chocolate.

We ran out of strawberries while getting ready for a party, so someone (maybe it was me :eek: ) had the bright idea of of trying a frito in the leftover melted chocolate. Wow, it's good! Better than fries and a frostie!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Sunny said:
Fritos in chocolate.

We ran out of strawberries while getting ready for a party, so someone (maybe it was me :eek: ) had the bright idea of of trying a frito in the leftover melted chocolate. Wow, it's good! Better than fries and a frostie!

Sweet/salty combinations tend to be pretty palatable. That's why chocolate/yogurt-covered pretzels are so popular.

My secret ingredient in a lot of my curries is peanut butter.

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Sunny said:
Fritos in chocolate.

Ewwww...and for such a sophisticated lady. ;) Just kidding Sunny, I might have to try that one -- maybe. lol

I'm not sure how weird it is, but I used to love those roast beef po-boy sandwiches in New Orleans with tons of mayo. Then, there was the mass sucking of crawfish heads, but that's not really a combo, just a strange sight for someone who isn't used to seeing it.

Steve

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well I like peanut butter on bread with margarine but if I want to pump it up I'll put a slice of cheese and grey poupon mustard on as well.;)

Zig2k143

Practically Family
PastimeSteve said:
Ewwww...and for such a sophisticated lady. ;) Just kidding Sunny, I might have to try that one -- maybe. lol

I'm not sure how weird it is, but I used to love those roast beef po-boy sandwiches in New Orleans with tons of mayo. Then, there was the mass sucking of crawfish heads, but that's not really a combo, just a strange sight for someone who isn't used to seeing it.

Steve

Mmmm Crawfish.. this place is making my hungry. :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Me too!!!

I also like to burn Peeps. I don't know how many would consider fire and Peeps a "combination"...

JUST-BORN-MARSHMALLOW-PEEPS.jpg

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
during my college years, I found out that macaroni and cheese with A1 bold is kinda good.

Also, Doritoes and toasted marshmallows can be tasty. Oreoes or brownies with dark beer is good too. If I were entertaining guests, I'd never serve any of these combos up, but sometimes when the fridge is looking empty and the grocery store has closed for the day, one has to make due.

I can't believe I just typed that. College ruined me I guess.

RIOT

Practically Family
Bread-Butter-Sugar. Not Whole Wheat, Not Toasted, Nothing Special. Just your regular white bread with butter and sugar on top. :essen:

Sunny

One Too Many
PastimeSteve said:

*snicker* You do that. The next time you happen to have a bowl of melted chocolate lying around. lol

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I loved to dip baby carrots into mashed potatoes. I never have mashed potatoes anymore, so that's been phased out of my life!

I'm going through this weird habit where I put canned tuna and chopped green onions in my mac n' cheese. For some reason I feel it's healthier than eating mac n' cheese plain! It grosses everyone out, but it's totally tasty.

I also put pepper into my ketchup, which is something I stole from my boyfriend. It's so good! Not very weird though.

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
was trying to think.... nothing really weird unless you consider that I like to keep my Nacho Cheese Doritos in the fridge. I did have a friend who ketchup on rice, though.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Coffee in cereal instead of milk.

Not a food, but various grape/blackberry/cherry Manischewitz in Dr. Pepper. Hey, its not like blackberry Manischewitz is good wine in the first place! :D

-Viola

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Any type of "offbeat" food or drink combos or habits are welcome!!

Maybe I'll find something tasty in this bunch of suggestions....

:essen:

:coffee:

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I've got a couple, both with dijon mustard.

I like dijon mustard with peanut butter on triscuts.

My favorite that freaks people out is popcorn with dijon mustard butter and dill. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay