Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots: Advice Needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

I'm getting my first Wesco Jobmaster order ready, and I had a question about sizing. Are these boots true to size? Do you recommend the custom sizing option? I wear a standard 10.5D without issues. Finally, is the lace to toe option the most "historically accurate"? According to the website, the Jobmaster dates all the way back to 1939. Thank you.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Joel, id recommend contacting Chris at wesco for sizing advice. The big issue with wesco is they don't take returns on boots that don't fit unless you go with custom sizing. That said, they won't tell you what your custom size is; they don't make a special last for you- just find the closest size to each foot (left may be a 9.5d and right a 10c).

Fwiw, I have found the jobmasters to fit the same as whites smokejumpers, which to me run tts. Some lasts obviously fit differently eg the mp last which I take in a half size down. To me the pitch perfect option on jobmasters is to go semi-lace-to-toe, which I think look f^cking bananas cool!

jimmer_5

Practically Family
I own a pair of Wesco Boss boots and they fit true to size with the aspen of insoles they provide. I tried on a pair of Jobmasters once, and I believe they also fit true to size.

I think if you order a standard, off the shelf pair they might take returns, but I have it asked. If you fit regular sizes in other boots, I would start there with Wesco. The toes on these boots are pretty round, so I don't think narrowness will be an issue.

Last edited:

53Effie

A-List Customer
I have two pair of Wescos and they fit tts as do my Whites. I guess I am lucky to have pretty standard feet.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Jimmers right, I should have clarified what I said a bit better. If you order directly through Wesco and get a pair of custom boots (not custom sized, mind you), eg add roller buckles, specify a thread color or type of leather (other than black oil), then they won't take the return. A safer bet might be through Bakers who advertise a guarentee fit program. My problem is the Wescos I ordered cannot be ordered thru a dealer.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Why so Breton?

It's a licensing issue with the boot type I wanted. I got pair of Motor Patrol lasted engineer boots on the Boss heel which they exclusively sell to Wesco Japan (they cost approx $1400 in JP) and will not otherwise sell through a dealer. BUT the big (not so big) secret is they'll sell it to you directly. All said and done it ran me about $650. But like I said they WILL NOT sell this MTO boot through a dealer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner