Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Moviehats

One of the Regulars
What a GREAT looking hat!!! I love it!! It sort of reminds me of the hat that Levon Helm wore in 'The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada'...

My size as well... I am extremely jealous...

Again... very nice!

~shoes~
Funny story about that movie. I was at Costco here in Fort Worth shortly after first seeing it the first time and the guy in line in front of me looked familiar. I asked where I knew him from, he told me his name, Julio Cedillo. He was Melquades Estrada in the film, of course he was dead in most of it and had a dummy made to look like him but I could tell it was him. He's in a lot of movies now.

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
Funny story about that movie. I was at Costco here in Fort Worth shortly after first seeing it the first time and the guy in line in front of me looked familiar. I asked where I knew him from, he told me his name, Julio Cedillo. He was Melquades Estrada in the film, of course he was dead in most of it and had a dummy made to look like him but I could tell it was him.

What a great story!!! I have a similar story involving Ed King... a former Skynyrd guitarist that got out of the band before the plane crash...

All in all, they are fairly normal people... (assuming I fall into the category of being normal)...

~shoes~

This old hat won't get much love here but it is an important hat series to rodeo history: A 1950's Eddy Bros with the roping horse crease from their barrel racer series in a 6-3/4 ladies long oval, in purple with the princess back bow.

11v41g5.jpg
2eovg93.jpg
34zit52.jpg
wj8004.jpg
288yq29.jpg

Written up by Reynolds & Rand in "The Cowboy Hat Book".

20tkqxv.jpg

120owib.jpg

Thanks guys. Not sure what Stetson called the color but I would call it tobacco, as in golden Virginias. It's not quite as bright as it appears here; has a bit more rust color to it.

Harry Morgan

New in Town
Byer and Rolnick Resistol, bought it from a member here about 6 months ago. Had to stretch it a little to get it to fit - I'm a 7 3/8 and the hat was a large 7 1/4. Between the stretching and wearing, the original sweat band started falling apart. My local hat shop did a wonderful job on cleaning and shaping and installing a new band.

Before:
bnr1.jpg

After:
IMGP7634.jpg

IMGP7638.jpg

I like this hat so much I don't even want to wear it every day! Get too beat up if I did that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner