Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western Ranch Outfitters / Stockmens Catalogs

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I really like the "Idaho"
a taste for the cheap stuff I guess

thanks Vic ... keep 'em coming ... loving this

GlamRockCowboy

New in Town
When did WRO go out of business? I seem to remember getting their catalogs during the early 70's. Fred Mueller closed their mail order operation no later than 1975, if I recall correctly.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
When did WRO go out of business? I seem to remember getting their catalogs during the early 70's. Fred Mueller closed their mail order operation no later than 1975, if I recall correctly.
Western Ranchman Outfitters (WRO) was a family-owned and operated mail order and retail business in Cheyenne, Wyoming, which billed itself as "The Nation's Finest Western Store". It also sold riding supplies. This store was in business from 1931-1998 and later became the Cheyenne Outfitters. While it was WRO the store and its president, John Veta, appeared in a short article in "Fortune" magazine, and clothes from WRO were featured in the August 1980 issue of "Mademoiselle".

cut and paste from google search

Great stuff as always. Wish we could zoom in for a closer look at the 12 dollar clear nutria. Wonder what the brim reinforcement is? Like this, perhaps?

nutria7.jpg

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
What you are showing is what they call an under binding a few pages latter. I believe they are talking about a reinforced edge. YMMV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails