Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whadja get?!

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
GOK said:
Despite begging people to not get me any presents and to give the money to charity instead, I received;

Nazi Chic?: Fashioning Women in the Third Reich (Dress, Body, Culture) by Irene Guenther

Hello GOK

Have you already had a look into the book? Is it good? I am interested in that kind of fashion too. If it is good I want to have it too.

GOK

One Too Many
I managed to get a quick skim on Christmas day and yes, it looks wonderful. Some great photos and loads of information. I've not yet had a chance to settle down with it, although I may do that later.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I got some wonderful things, too: a DVD player, sheets, a beautiful floral centerpiece (with fresh flowers and greenery), socks, a wool stocking cap that I broadly hinted for, etc. The most creative gift was a "tap dance kit" from my aunt.

Everyone I've talked to says they've gotten great gifts. I wonder if all the talk in the media about re-gifting led people to consider gift-giving more carefully.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I've had a backordered Christmas!

Nearly all of my gifts should arrive in January, which is fine by me; it extends the fun and its the thought that counts anyway.

On the way are:

The traditional flannel nightgown from my mother

A book called Developing the Picture, about British Queen Alexandra's amateur photography

A vintage Coro silver (silvertone probably!) bracelet (Georg Jensen style)

A vintage looking train case for my makeup--desparately needed since I can find nothing in the numerous sacks where my makeup currently resides

A really nice set of makeup brushes (which I've wanted since getting Kevyn Aucoin's makeup books last year)

Some cash which I will augment with my own to purchase a new digital camera (I'm thinking a Canon Powershot A630); it's time to shoot my old camera and put her out of her misery

and, the one gift I do have in hand, purchased with a gift card from my generous boss, the complete set of Strangers with Candy. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but that show cracks me up like nobody's business (I must be twisted or something). Stayed up far too late last night listening to the commentaries, but lots of fun.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Ah well, here are the real contents of me proverbial christmas stocking:

- A 1 GB flash drive
- Two pairs of socks (which have feel that's eerily similar to that of nylon stockings)
- An oversized novelty pen
- Enough chocolate to last 'till February
- A healthy dose of cash

And this is the stuff that'll get here 'till next month:
- Looney Tunes Golden Collection collectio volumes 3 and 4
- Parts for my antique radio
- A newsboy cap

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
GOK said:
Nazi Chic?: Fashioning Women in the Third Reich (Dress, Body, Culture) by Irene Guenther

Sounds like an interesting book for me! I ordered it via amazon now and I´m very curious about it. I´m just too shy to ask people how it was really was back than in Germany so I just can count on what they tell me by themselves and what I can read somewhere. [huh]

czack

One of the Regulars
IlsaLund said:
This isn't completely :eek:fftopic: , I don't think...

Did anyone out there get themselves a christmas gift? I don't like to spend a whole lot of money on myself, but I splurged and got a Stop Staring dress. A sound investment, because I go out swing dancing 2-3 times a week.
From me to me? I always feel the love.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lol lol I always get myself gifts; I have the most exquisite taste. I had a few hundred $ credit on Amazon.com for answering surveys so I got several film noir DVDs, a season of King of the Hill, and the new Conair hairstyler for thick hair I saw on TV. Still have some credit left over. I splurged on a set of crystal martini glasses without stems. Haven't tried those out yet. We've pared down the gift-exchange circle over the years, I give to many more than I get from [huh] so I might as well give to myself while I'm at it.

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Received several nice shirts from my wife. Was given money from my mother to get Bogie's new book. I went out the next day and ordered it. Cant wait. Also, received the book "The Red Suit Diaries" which tells the story of how a rough and tumble Marine becomes Santa Claus and works with restoring and refurbishing medical equipment for the disabled. My wife also gave me the first several books of the Bible on CD. I already have a complete collection of the New Testament on CD. I also received a remote control General Lee. Got to get at least one toy for Christmas. I had a real nice Christmas this year.

GG

LadyStardust

Practically Family
This Christmas was different in that I usually just get money from everyone, but this time I got more gifts.
-$50 Macy's card
-emerald ring, silver band
-Chanel No.5 perfume
-silver necklace with heart charm
-Liz Claiborne slippers
-Edwardian-ish white blouse
-New York & Co. outfits

And I work as a secretary in an office with 140 agents, and hlaf of them swamped all staff with small trinkets, so I amassed a huge pile of candy, cookies, lotion, ornaments, etc.

Oh, and I got money also, with which I plan to buy this:
KOV023621.jpg

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Jack Scorpion, I presume that Gray Ghost's remote-controlled General Lee is an orange Dodge charger with the stars and bars on top and not a West Pointer from Virginia.

Just a guess there. I could be wrong. In that case, Gray Ghost, I definitely want a picture!;)

-Viola

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Jack Scorpion said:

It is a copy of the Orange 1969 Dodge Charger from the Dukes of Hazard TV show that was back in the late 70s. It has a Confederate Battle Flag on top with General Lee wording on both sides of the flag over the doors and 01 on the door. It has a horn that plays Dixie. The remote control one also plays Dixie.

Gray Ghost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany