• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What Are You Reading

Discussion in 'The Reading Room' started by Lancealot, Aug 13, 2006.

1. I just started the Dresden FIles by Jim Butcher. Kind of Sam SPade meets Harry Potter. A rather enjoyable bit of fluff.

2. These days I'm reading a two-volume compilation of Raymond Chandler. The first volume has many of his "pulp" short stories.

I need to stop messing around on the computer and read more books.

3. I have thought about picking up some of his works

4. I got them from Amazon. Most of his novels and short stories in a two-volume hardbound set.

5. "Doc" Devereux

"Doc" Devereux One Too Many

I'm reading a fascinating book called Infamous Aircraft, about aeroplanes (and airships) that weren't exactly a joy to fly under all conditions. Thoroughly enjoying it too.

6. I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

7. OK, Doc, there's another book I have to buy. Gee, thanks!

Anything that mentions the Tarrant Tabor is pretty much a must-buy.

8. G. Fink-Nottle

G. Fink-Nottle One of the Regulars

I just started "Freedom From Fear" by David M. Kennedy, It's a history of the US from the depression to the end of WWII. The book is about five inches thick so it'll be awhile before it's finished.

9. I very much enjoyed The Count. I hate the mvoie was not closer to it.

10. I thought the movie was okay, until I actually read most of the book and saw it again, then I thought it was pretty poor.

I got another movie version not long ago, I haven't watched it yet, it looked a little bit more accurate. But still not true to the book.

11. Which version is it?

12. Krakatoa: The Day the World Exploded by Simon Winchester.

13. DancingSweetie

DancingSweetie A-List Customer

I'm reading On the Waterfront, the Pulitzer prize winning articles that inspired the film.

14. "Doc" Devereux

I know: I'm a bad, bad man. Fortunately it's a thing that seems to work for me. ;)

15. waingirl

waingirl One of the Regulars

I am reading "The Autobiography of Henry VIII" by Margaret George. I love reading anything about England's monarchs, and mysteries.

16. DancingSweetie

Oh, I love that too! I've been reading whatever I can about Queen Elizabeth.

17. "Doc" Devereux

Which one? :D

18. DancingSweetie

The Virgin Queen: Elizabeth I, Genius of the Golden Age by Christopher Hibbert. Also those trashy Phillipa Gregory books - love those.