Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are Your Exercise Programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
I really hate those info commercials on TV with exercise programs but I mustered myself up and bought one to test it out. I tried The Firm work out and OMG does it work.All the ladies on the DVD's are smiling and having oh so much fun working out and let me tell you, you will NOT have the same experience. I considered myself in pretty good shape and this work out kicked my a** :whip:. Seriously I thought I was going to keel over and die a few of the times. After you go through all that you will really see results. It's the perfect workout for women because it tightens every muscle group women have trouble with and yes i must say....It gave me an AWESOME booty! lol ...I'm serious, I can't stop looking at how great it is. So yea ladies get The Firm.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I don't have one. I refuse to have one! I walk and ride my bike nearly daily. Do kindergarten and grocery runs and occasionally pick my middle one up from school, keep busy with housework and a bit of gardening during school hours when the boys are away. That's really all I'm willing to do. That means that if I want to fit the same dress size all the time, I need to be more disciplined with what I eat and drink. I sort of lost it for five weeks while there was a strike and I had two of the boys home so now I'm trying to lose 3 kgs. Yes, 3 kgs. matter when you're only 147cm - unless you can afford to own all essential garment pieces in various sizes which I can't afford.

Oh, I'm a book nerd and am often walking around with a heavy book in one hand while doing housework with the other hand, and occasionally I shift the book over to the other arm so I hate combing my hair in public places when I swear short sleeveslol

MKL

A-List Customer
For health reasons only, I swim at the "Y" 5 days a week and lift a few weights. My two daughters go along with me to swim and they also take Karate. I am not a fan of exercise but I need to do it - type II diabetes. I don't recommend it. :)

pgoat

One Too Many
MKL said:
I am not a fan of exercise but I need to do it - type II diabetes. I don't recommend it. :)
I assume you mean the diabetes is not recommended...

that's great that you're doing it - and nice that you can enjoy these things as a family - even if you are doing different activities, that's a much nicer group outing than bellying up to a local McDonald's or zoning out in a movie theater.:eusa_clap

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
CharlesB said:
In all seriousness though, I've been jogging/running A LOT lately, but for the past several months Ive been doing a ton of situps/pushups and general stuff to build up my chest abs n shoulders. It's really decent

Im at this now
0713080042.jpg

where as last summer I was this
hangover.jpg

you are really getting into the whole get fit thing! Good for you! I am still laughing at the last pic though and I can almost feel the headache you must have! lo

Cricket

Practically Family
I wish I had some kind of exercise program. By the time I pick our son up from daycare and do things around the house, I am sooo tired. But now that I think about it, carrying a 20-pound baby on one arm, running around the house with laundry baskets, bending down to pick up toys and my hubby's clothes :) , I guess I do have a program. It's called a family. lol

pgoat

One Too Many
Word!

You should get a heart rate monitor. It can tell you how hard you are working, how many calories you're burning etc.

I am quite sure you burn a lot more calories than someone like me who just works a desk job and then crashes on the couch at night.

But you can still squeeze in some good exercise if you get creative. Not easy but it can be done.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
^ fantastic idea, maybe you could get a watch that has these features with a pedometer, that counts how many stepts you take, I *think* if you hit 10.000+ steps a day, you are alredy moving about to keep your heart healthy, but if you don't hit it, you find yourself doing extra things that makes you walk more..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran