Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I had Hanna Hats make me a simple Irish Linen 8 piece cap. Pretty simple, utilitarian yet stylish summer wear for my tropical life. I'm going to have them make me an 8 piece linen patchwork cap next if they are willing. I like their work.
The Trade Winds died down but left some pretty big waves for me to venture into. A little dangerous, but very exhilarating.
IMG_9081.jpeg

IMG_9071.jpeg

IMG_9067.jpeg

IMG_9078.jpeg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is, but good grief! Stevenson's wife looks like Dennis Hopper in drag! :eek:
Yes, I've often wondered what he saw in her, but he went through a lot because of her. I guess it was a case of the camera failing to pick up the energy of someone, which I've seen happen. I've always liked his definition of marriage, though: "A friendship authorized by the police."

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Just came today in time to take to Kahili Beach in a wide bay with just enough waves to make it interesting.
I am hoping to get another in indigo with a leather brim, though I have trouble imagining a better cap. The straw is quite refined, yet let’s in the breeze, and this cap Is both light and Summery, as well as dressy and formal.
IMG_9145.jpg

IMG_9131.jpg

IMG_9137.jpg

IMG_9132.jpg

IMG_9138.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Just came today in time to take to Kahili Beach in a wide bay with just enough waves to make it interesting.
I am hoping to get another in indigo with a leather brim, though I have trouble imagining a better cap. The straw is quite refined, yet let’s in the breeze, and this cap Is both light and Summery, as well as dressy and formal.
View attachment 242320
View attachment 242321
View attachment 242322
View attachment 242323

View attachment 242324

You look killer in the cap. The cap is amazing. You described having a breeze thru the cap and I heartily concur. What a cap! Congrats!

My similar cap is a fav. I have even sourced a hard hat box for storing the cap. I like the cap and do not wish to love it to an early death. It got the most wear of my caps last warm season.

Eric -

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I took my WDH Hemp down to the South Shore looking for big waves, had a great fathers day...didn't drown.
I swam way out to where some surfers were pretty far off shore on a reef break, got caught in a current that swept me away from the beach, couldn’t swim back, had to come to shore over the rocks and got scraped up a bit. I took it as a warning to be more careful.
IMG_9251.jpeg

Last edited:
I took my WDH Hemp down to the South Shore looking for big waves, had a great fathers day...didn't drown.
I swam way out to where some surfers were pretty far off shore on a reef break, got caught in a current that swept me away from the beach, couldn’t swim back, had to come to shore over the rocks and got scraped up a bit. I took it as a warning to be more careful.
View attachment 243149
Wow.. glad you are safe

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
X2
Taking a break from the beach on this cloudy day with The Scuttler Cap from Mr. Freedom. A NOS vintage indigo herringbone twill cotton, in an original MF® pattern inspired by vintage 1930’s newsboy eight-panel caps with a genuine kangaroo leather sweatband, and NOS cotton biased tape seam piecing.
View attachment 243425
View attachment 243426
View attachment 243427
View attachment 243428
View attachment 243429
Thanks Doug, the color pops in person, more than on a screen. I like the shape as well, and it seems well made, especially for an off the shelf hat.
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany