Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What color would you say this is?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Depending on your natural haircolor I'd recommend Clairol Natural Instincts #22 Cinaberry (Medium Auburn Brown) or #16 Spiced Tea (Light Auburn Brown). You can see a color chart here: http://www.clairol.com/brand/naturalinstincts/find/step1.jsp?hf=

I've used the Natural Instincts brand for years and I really like this brand--my hair doesn't look dyed and I haven't had a problem with roots showing either.

That's a lovely picture of Julianne Moore too.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Definitely light. In a salon it would be a level 7 or lighter. I mix a 7 and 8 to get mine like that, but the roots come in so quick and I have to use high peroxide so I stick with a 7 and below now.

I'd look for light copper, light auburn, or even titian. Your natural color will determine how bright the coppers turn out. And even if it's too bright at first, it will fade quickly.

If you're a natural blonde or dirty blonde, I'd try a semi permanant color in the copper, it will look natural.
Nikki

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone for your replies. Ohairas, it is great to have a resident stylist on board (no pun intended)! So, if I were to use Wella demi-permanent Color Charm in a level 6-7 that would be the same as any other brand's level 7-8? You see, I do have naturally blonde hair, and I used the level 8 Wella copper demi-perm last year and it came out a very, very light strawberry blonde. I also was thinking of perhaps mixing whatever level of copper I end up using with the same level of neutral blonde to make it a bit less glaringly copper... and perhaps a bit more natural....

Good idea or bad idea? I surely am taking it slow and want to do it right!! :eusa_doh:

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hi Vanilla~
Glad to help.. tho it is always hard without seeing the actual hair, ect!

What color would you say your hair is on this chart now? At the roots and on the ends? http://www.wellausa.com/reference/ac_usa_cons_download_5005_0_sl.pdf
Perhaps a 7 at the roots and a 9 on the ends?

Mixing is always a great idea. However, it's very hard to get your hair as red as you want if you put too much brown in it first. So decide if you'd rather it come out much more natural, or if you'd be uspet if you didn't see enough red.

Not all lines are exactly the same on the level scale, some 6's are darker or lighter than others, ect. A 6 would be darker than Julianne's hair. Would probably look more like this, esp. if you mix a bit of natural with it,
http://www.wellausa.com/consumer/index.jsp
You'd see July highlights in the sun but a more natural auburn brown when inside, ect.

If you are a level 7 all the way out, I'd probably go with the straight 7RG from the chart I linked if you really want to see red. If you are really wanting to stay more neutral you could mix it with 7WG. Will definitely look more natural than hers, as the demi's take that way instead of a more solid, all over shade that has been lifted.

You could even mix it with a level 9 if you want more of the intensity of the 7RG but don't want it any darker. Hope this all makes sense!

I want to say that the Wella colors take somewhat darker than some lines.
HTH!!
Nikki

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
Thanks! I would say that I have mostly level 8, but with some of the non-sun exposed parts looking like a 7 (closer to the nape). I guess I will just have to experiment a little and stay flexible! Most people that know me know how experimental I am with my hair :)rolleyes:) so a little bit of the unexpected is... well... always expected. I think I am going to start light and less red and work my way up from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot