Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do y'all think of this?

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Well, I wouldn't say 30's exactly. But it does have finger-wavish capabilities. The top part is really quite good but it's the feathery bottom that is making it look modern. The great thing about human hair wigs is that you can heat style them. So, you can actually take a curling iron to it to get a more accurate 30's style.
Of course, for $70, I would be hesitant to buy it without seeing how it looked on. most wigs are modeled on hairless heads so they rarely have that natural, sleek look when an actual person wears it.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the second one better - keep in mind that back in the day, their waves were supposed to look sculpted and stiff so the artifice of it is actually a good thing. I don't think the first one is very 30s looking, more 70s to me.

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Wigs used in the 30s...

I actually have a book with ads from the 30s and there is one for wigs,hair nets, etc. I didn't realize that they wore wigs in the 30s till I saw that ad.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I've seen better looking wigs that look more authentic both regarding looking like real hair and period style but I can't remember where.:eusa_doh: If my hair was short enough, I'd go for wigs. I want to change my hair too often so I just don't do anything.lol

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
the second one looks very 1920s to me. but idk

I think you should go to a hair salon, bring pictures and have them style your hair and explain to you how to do it. Even at greatclips, when you get a $7 haircut, the stylist usually tells you how to get the desired look.

I think the most awesome thing was when I went into Ulta (a makeup store, they also sell hair products), and just flat out told one of the associates "I have frizzy wavy hair but I want it to look like this" And then described what I wanted. She spent five or ten minutes telling me how to achieve the desired look and the products to use. It works great!

But for your style, which is more complicated, I would definitely go to a salon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24