Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

cooncatbob

Practically Family
thetankw/ahat said:
not to be disrespectful or anything but what happened to your hair?

i'll post my pics in a few.

As I entered my late 20s the part in the middle kept getting wider (genetics, Dad and brothers are also bald) Spent my 30s and early 40s wearing hats and caps everywhere. I was at the point where I'd look okay for about 2 weeks after a haircut then I'd just look straggly. January 2003 I took the clippers to my head and then shaved it. Now when I wear a hat it's because I want to, not to hide a crappy head of hair. It was very liberating and nothing says well groomed like a freshly shaven face and head. lol . Bob.
250478276_a49d42c969.jpg

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
carebear said:
My work pic from 2 years ago this month. Time for an update?

workpic.jpg

Carebear, I've been trying to get that type of haircut for years! But I can't quite get it right. How'd you do it, buddy?

Old cellphone picture, but I think it still applies. :)

feac0af95a8cjc8.jpg

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I dunno. My hair changed completely after they took it all off at recruit training in '91. i can't recommend that as a fashion choice though. :D

I was wearing a "low reg" military cut at the end of my time in the USMC in Sept. of '04. That photo was taken May of '05.

Zero at the hair line tapered outward pretty rapidly on the sides to a half inch or so, with the top no longer than a couple inches and pushed back and blended in.

In the picture I was just growing it out from that with regular trimming to keep it neat. My hair is straight and thick, which is why it was so high, it didn't like to bend or go backwards. I now have it thinned to lay back better and it's now longer so the weight of it holds it back. Unrestrained my hair lays evenly around my head, like a bowl cut.

I use a cheap cream pomade, Schwarzkopf brand - got2b "playful" which has a lot of shine when wet but dries less so and will hold even when the wet, slicked back look has been brushed through (which I do. I like it back, but not "pomade-y looking".

I had just fixed a couple strands that had fallen onto my forehead which is why it looks "just so". i usually like it a little more touseled and natural.

I need to get a more recent comparison shot.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Maybe so. But I have difficulty growing out the sides. My hair seems to grow straight out and if I leave it uncut for more than 2 weeks, it'll look terrible (Think "Wolfman"). That is why I get a 1 1/2 on the sides.

I'd like to be able to grow it out and comb it straight back.

For example, something like this:

crabbe20buster01lw2.jpg

Now to find a competent barber....

Thanks for the tips!

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Jovan said:
Funny, I saw a "head razor" yesterday at Wally World and was reminded of Bob's dome. :) I can't imagine those work any better than any other razor.
The Headblade. I used one for several year and they work great on the head but you still need a regular razor for your face and around the ears. When I started shaving my face with a double edge razor I noticed that I was getting a better shave on my face then my head. I ditched the Headblade and shave my head and face with the DE razor, it took a while to master but now I get a great shave on my head and face and I get to razz the fellows on the Headshave forum that I get a better shave with a $.16 blade then they do with their $3.00 5 bladed cartridges.
Bob.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Funny thing, Scot: you always have such marvellous gravitas in your pictures. I can't help seeing you deciding weighty matters of foreign policy, or pausing between passages of the next Great American Novel.

Do you give lessons?[/QUOTE]

Regarding Scotrace's photo. I was thinking Mr. President.....

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Thanks very much

Quote from GOK: Wow, you look so much like Renée Zellweger (who is wonderful IMO!)!

Stinchcomb said:
Oh, much prettier than Zellweger. In the picture of her popping the Champaign cork she looks more like Jennifer Tilly, which in my opinion is hot...hot...hot!

for the lovely compliments :) I completely forgot I had posted of late and was just perusing the new folks when I came across your kind words ;) I have been told many times I resemble Renee Zellweger.

Now whose popping a champagne cork? Me? I think I am losing it.

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
Such handsome gentlemen and lovely ladies on this website! I should have guessed everyone would be downright fabulous! Here's me:

me.jpg

and everyday:

100_0274.jpg

and, btw, my avatar is me at a swing dance! (Sadly, I don't get to keep that soldier!)

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barbigirl said:
Quote from GOK: Wow, you look so much like Renée Zellweger (who is wonderful IMO!)!

for the lovely compliments :) I completely forgot I had posted of late and was just perusing the new folks when I came across your kind words ;) I have been told many times I resemble Renee Zellweger.

Now whose popping a champagne cork? Me? I think I am losing it.
Hi, Barbigirl! Stinchcomb got a little confuzzled with all the pulchritude in GOK's posts:
You are Renee Zellweger and MissLizzy with the lovely green wedding dress was Jennifer Tilly popping the champagne cork. MissLizzy hasn't posted on here in a while, I think (her hubby looks like the Brian Setzer does now). Posts were way back on page 41. Whew!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace