Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
imoldfashioned said:
skh.jpg

I'm picturing you in a cloche...too cute! :D

Jovan

Suspended
Well, it's one for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready,
Now go, cat, go.

But don't you step on my blue suede shoes.
You can do anything but lay off of my Blue suede shoes.

Well, you can knock me down,
Step in my face,
Slander my name
All over the place.

Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh,
Honey, lay off of my shoes
Don't you step on my Blue suede shoes.
You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes.

You can burn my house,
Steal my car,
Drink my liquor
From an old fruitjar.

Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh,
Honey, lay off of my shoes
Don't you step on my blue suede shoes.
You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
You ain't kiddin'! Blue suede shoes really were popular in the '50s, though they existed before then. The hippest version has a one-piece vamp and quarter (see photo below). Dressy suede cap-toes were also made in forest green, emerald green, pearl grey, tan, yellow, taupe, burgundy, orange, and black -- as well as brown, of course.

2d46_12.jpg

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
In reviewing the latter part of this thread as a newbie, I just had to comment on a couple of things: ;)

First, Sunny and imoldfashioned -- you both have a classic look about you. The vintage clothing and "look" works on both of you extremely well. Sunny, I also agree with someone else who pointed out that you look a bit like Chloe on Smallville.

Second, ITG (indiana-Texas girl), I get the biggest kick out of your avatar with your husband. I've also seen it at COW/Indygear and it cracks me up everytime I see it.

Steve

Robby

New in Town
Hi!

My name is Robby. I'm from Munich, Germany. And the picture to the left... Well, that's me :) I found that place without searching. I was looking for a shop in germany to buy a dress hat, and - there was the Fedora Lounge! What a place. What nice people here. I know some forums, but none like this. The people here show real style. They are relaxed and friendly. So it's an honor to be a part of this group here.

My best wishes to all of you.
Take care,

Robby

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Hi Robby! Welcome to the Fedora Lounge!! :)

Its not exactly "the vintage look", but here's a pic of me just having finished a trip on my motorcycle.

P1000978.jpg

Chickpea

Familiar Face
Right now I look like crap! The image of me would crack your screen and afterwards you would have to poke your eyes out.

I´ve had too much to do lately, have an important exam this saturday and have stayed up late reading every night this past century!! In addition I have a cold and this is turning into a rant....:eek:fftopic:

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Jovan said:
What kind of trousers are those? They look almost like part of a WWII uniform.

Levis denim cargo pants that were on the clearance rack in Filenes the holiday season before last. They actually just had an unfortunate mishap involving bleach this week and ended up ruined, but I'm hoping I'll be able to find another pair.

edit:
here's a link to a similar pair of pants. I just threw them out so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure mine didn't have that stitching design on the rear pockets.
http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/Product...=http://www.jcpenney.com/products/C028677.jsp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy