Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you look like?

Jovan

Suspended
erikb02809 said:
Levis denim cargo pants that were on the clearance rack in Filenes the holiday season before last. They actually just had an unfortunate mishap involving bleach this week and ended up ruined, but I'm hoping I'll be able to find another pair.

edit:
here's a link to a similar pair of pants. I just threw them out so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure mine didn't have that stitching design on the rear pockets.
http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/Product...=http://www.jcpenney.com/products/C028677.jsp
Ah, thanks.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
Here's a recent webcam mug taken at Christmas-Time. The rockabilly pompadour is about to take at least a Hiatus for awhile, gotta tone it down for my new job. Getting ready to go for a cleaner cut look with a sharp side part side part and nice quiff.... Sorry! It's kind of a goofy pic, all I could find for now

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
flat-top said:
Well, here I am in my bathroom mirror.........attempting to smile!
506030855_l.jpg

..and yes, original 1950's shirt!

Man, I was stumbling across mugs before posting mine! That's a nice bathroom and quite the collection of pomades and oils you got there. I see Dixie Peach, have you ever tried Sweet Georgia Brown?? I just discovered it about 2 months ago, I've never found anything that smells so good and holds well too! Very Nice bathroom!! Well Done!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Keep Em Flying!! what a great bunch of people :)

What a beautiful looking bunch of people we have in here with you guys 'n' dolls! :eusa_clap

After I've had my nip; tuck and botox...I'll pop one up :) but will undoubtedly pale alongside you beautiful folk!

Jovan

Suspended
Surely you can't be that old yet. Besides, Cary Grant stayed handsome -- some would argue he got even more so -- as his features became more and more distinguished. :)

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
What a beautiful looking bunch of people we have in here with you guys 'n' dolls! :eusa_clap

After I've had my nip; tuck and botox...I'll pop one up :) but will undoubtedly pale alongside you beautiful folk!

Pale? Don't worry about looking pale...I'm sure I'm not the only one here besides you who's got that unmistakable anglosaxon white/pink skin! Bring on the SPF 50!

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Robby said:
My name is Robby. I'm from Munich, Germany. And the picture to the left... Well, that's me :) I found that place without searching. I was looking for a shop in germany to buy a dress hat, and - there was the Fedora Lounge! What a place. What nice people here. I know some forums, but none like this. The people here show real style. They are relaxed and friendly. So it's an honor to be a part of this group here.

My best wishes to all of you.
Take care,

Robby

Hey Robby!:) Howdy! Love your lid in the avatar! I know a few of us who love hats that look like cowboy hats but have a unique, shall we say, style to them. Welcome to the Lounge!

dean

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Miss Lucy June said:
Pale? Don't worry about looking pale...I'm sure I'm not the only one here besides you who's got that unmistakable anglosaxon white/pink skin! Bring on the SPF 50!

Hear Hear! In the summertime I fry in the time it takes to wait for a bus if I forget my hat and sunscreen. I'd rather look like Morticia Addams than a lobster!

Chickpea

Familiar Face
Diamondback said:
I don't know, if these folks can survive the experience of beholding my horrendous visage, they can weather almost anything...

lol

lol You´re so sweet! I´ll fess up to the challenge someday later. Right now it´s all about my pilotes license. Written exams tomorrow, and I´ve been reading 24/7, have sinusitis, bad hairday, hospital green fleece jacket, sexy crocs and probably have a fierce mood. Bah!
Tomorrow I´ll be celebrating with cakes and shopping, and my kids will be able to talk to their momma again without her shoshing them (poor things)

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
Pink Dahlia said:
For lack of better words, man that sucks.

Yeah, there probably is no better words, but don't worry, I will never give up my pomade though! I'm kinda partial to it after having one for 3 years. Once my new job see's they can't live with out me. I will grow it back in full force! How's that???

imoldfashioned said:
Hear Hear! In the summertime I fry in the time it takes to wait for a bus if I forget my hat and sunscreen. I'd rather look like Morticia Addams than a lobster!

Add on another vote in the "burns, not tans" category, part of why I spend most of daylight hours coiled up either in my computer/engineering lab or the local library.

Hot stock tip: sunblock manufacturers.lol (They're going to make a fortune this summer off of me alone!)

Chickpea said:
lol You´re so sweet! I´ll fess up to the challenge someday later. Right now it´s all about my pilotes license. Written exams tomorrow, and I´ve been reading 24/7, have sinusitis, bad hairday, hospital green fleece jacket, sexy crocs and probably have a fierce mood. Bah!
Tomorrow I´ll be celebrating with cakes and shopping, and my kids will be able to talk to their momma again without her shoshing them (poor things)

Sweet? Me? Flattering, but... Good hunting on your exams! (Start thinkin' like a pilot now: "You make your own luck!")

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I'll finally say it

:eek:fftopic: I have dyslexia and whenever I look at new posts and it says "what do you look like?" with the name "Miss_Bella_Hell" it looks like "What the hell do you look like?":eusa_doh:

Sincerely,
The Wolf

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
The Wolf said:
:eek:fftopic: I have dyslexia and whenever I look at new posts and it says "what do you look like?" with the name "Miss_Bella_Hell" it looks like "What the hell do you look like?":eusa_doh:

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Oh Wolf... me too.

Sunny

One Too Many
PastimeSteve said:
In reviewing the latter part of this thread as a newbie, I just had to comment on a couple of things: ;)

First, Sunny and imoldfashioned -- you both have a classic look about you. The vintage clothing and "look" works on both of you extremely well. Sunny, I also agree with someone else who pointed out that you look a bit like Chloe on Smallville.

Steve, that's one of the nicest compliments I've ever had. :)

Robby

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome

As I wrote - it's a pleasure to be here. Dean - actually that hat is the oldest one I have. Bought it about 20 years ago at the JJ hat center in Manhattan. It may sound strange, but it's near to impossible to get a good looking dress hat here in germany. Outddoor, yes, panama, sure. But Fedora... By the way - I have a hat which became wet. Totally wet (No umbrella, no dry place, just an hour of good, old heavy rain on me [huh] ). And - guess what - it shrinked. Does anyone here have some advice for me to get it a bit larger again? It's a white hat, fur felt and the sweat band is textil, no leather.

Thanks in advance,
Robby

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Try this, Robby; Get it wet again, put it back on your head, or pull it over something equal to your size and either wear it until it dries, or let it dryand it should fit again. You will probably have some residual taper to the crown, but I know a style of bash that works well with a tapered crown, to wit:
9-4-06s9A_editedl.jpg

OR...you could take it to a hatter and get it blocked and stretched, and have them put a leather sweatband in for you. That might cost more than the hat did originally, but if you love the hat, what's money?;)

dean

Robby

New in Town
Hi Dean

Thanks very much for your advice! Today it's a veeery sunny day here. So I'm going to try that instantly. And as you said - if it doesn't work... - what's money for a hat one loves.

Thanks again and take care,
Robby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner