Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of this collar? 1930s shirt

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pretty nice. I actually own a shirt in a very similar fabric with another unique collar shape. Not just pointy but very curved and with a "teadrop" at the tip.

Metatron

One Too Many
Need to see one of these 'in the flesh', can't tell if it would look dandyish or just ridiculous.
I want to order some spearpoint shirts to liven up my wardrobe a bit, but need to figure out my boundaries.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
One occasionally can find rather severe (and I mean beautifully severe!) pointed or teardrop collars on 1930's shirts - particularly those that are more rustic or "lower end".
This rather "roughly" woven plain white shirt would look great with an odd combination, workwear or over a sweater. Very working class and not at all dandyesque IMO.

Flat Foot Floey

If you mean not only the collar but also the shirt in the link: The fabric makes it rather down to earth. It's not smooth silk like some Wannabe Gatsby would wear. The linen has a rather rustic "country" feel if you ask me. I don't think it would look ridiculous.

Metatron

One Too Many
Thanks for the comments.

Apologies if I did not clarify this:
The ridiculous/dandy comments were in reference to the severe curve of the collar which I am not sure about,
rather than the fabric(which has that rumpled look I love).

I want something a bit 'quirky' but not Cab Calloway, or for the untrained eye, John Travolta. ;)

Metatron

One Too Many
I am looking for some reference photos to send off for a custom shirt. I would have edited the previous post but it does not seem to be allowed in this part of the forum.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
It's a very nice shape. On a neck, probably with a tie, it would look even better. Here's a couple similarly shaped collars (these ones detachable):
BeYqO3wmkKGrHqMOKicErwl4p5FRBK9ChfKqgw_3_zps1d997ab4.jpg

collars004_zpsfdb7ab33.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

Thanks for the comments.

Apologies if I did not clarify this:
The ridiculous/dandy comments were in reference to the severe curve of the collar which I am not sure about,
rather than the fabric(which has that rumpled look I love).

I want something a bit 'quirky' but not Cab Calloway, or for the untrained eye, John Travolta. ;)
I see. Still the fabric adds a lot to the appearance and the curve makes the collar rather slim and long while John Travolta would have something wider. To the untrained eye? Oh nevermind them

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
It looks pretty horrible to me actually. That top gap is just unbearable, especially paired with the fabric!

imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner