Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do you use the "ticket pocket" (zippo pocket) for on your m/c jacket?

....That 'plenty of power' might depend on what you are facing.
I only ask the playing field be equal ;). Guns took the skill and honor out of combat. There’s no going back but I often wonder how the landscape of humankind would have looked had They never been invented. I’m pretty sure we’d still be living in Europe...can’t stop technology though and human beings are wired for self destruction.

I never expect the playing field to be equal. I learned early in life that many do not care to play fair. That's just a sad fact. Years ago three fellows attempted to sexually assault my Wife that I left sitting in a large parking lot in the car while I ran in a store. It was a hot day and she had her window down. I walked up on them as my Wife was trying to fight their advances. 'Luckily' I was able to punish them enough to run them off. After that I wondered how my Wife would have fared if they had gotten the best of me. So I decided to make sure that things would more than likely be equal or better for me and whoever I may protect.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I know what Jmax thinks I use the "zippo" pocket for. lol.

I actually use mine all the time. I actually keep a pack of dental floss in there. It fits perfectly. I go to a lot of biker parties and the food is always the greatest. I hate having food stuck in my teeth so the dental floss always comes in handy.

I also think the pocket completes the look. I kinda think the jacket looks odd without it. Just my opinion.

Try something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Doctors-...ocphy=9004520&hvtargid=pla-761292231032&psc=1

and you'll most likely never go back to dental floss again.

You can get them in any CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I don't put anything in any of my jacket pockets with the exception of putting my phone in the interior pockets or the large front pocket on my Sunset every once in a while. Most of the time everything just goes in my jeans or trouser pockets.

Mich486

One Too Many
Damn!! I don’t wanna know what people carry in their backpacks these days!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Well, this thread took a dark turn... Interesting discussion nonetheless.

Haven't even been in a threatening situation for about 9 years when I was in the last drunken fight (hopefully) of my life. Me and my friends got in an argument with another group in a line to a hot dog stand, and then they decided to jump us. One of my buddies had a broken nose and another friend almost had his nipple bitten off. I gave one off them a concussion. How do I know? Because we ran into them at the ER later...We agreed it was a stupid thing to fight over and shook hands. After that I decided that the days of "standing up for myself" was over. Since then, every time someone wanted to pick a fight I just back away and let them feel strong and mighty. Just not worth it. Either I get damaged or I damage someone else and I have no desire for either of those outcomes. So far it's been working really well just to back off. I've found that there's usually a lot of things you can do to de-escalate a threatening situation. Not to mention avoiding threatening situations altogether.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner