Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Happened to Bad Wolf?

Jaffa the Hat

New in Town
Hello

I have been somewhat inactive on here for a while on account of moving country but does anyone know if The UK based Bad Wolf Dr Who leather jacket company has stopped trading? I ask because I can't find the website anymore and I am curious to know if my two BW jackets would have become valuable if no more are being made?

Thanks

Jaffa

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
1/If BW has gone it's probably because the business model didn't work out long term. One product with a limited market managed part time by a guy with a day job.

2/No.

Technonut

Practically Family
One thing that did come up when I searched was this company, which has a couple of positive reviews online by someone with the same name as the Director above, to my untrained eyes this looks pretty similar to the 'Bad Wolf' jacket at least in pattern.... http://www.caineleather.co.uk/Men-s-Black-Leather-Peacoat-Bursdon.html

Hmmmm.. If the quality is good, it certainly is a reasonable price for a good-looking coat. ($223.50 USD) I've been considering something it that style, and may look into this one further. I don't expect top-shelf leather for the cost, but if the construction is as good as the pics show, and measurements accurate, It may work for me. :)

Edward

Bartender
I think I remember hearing BadWolf had closed its doors, but I couldn't swear to that. If you're looking for something along these lines, Wested have one intheir lineup that they originally made as a 'Das Boot' model, but since 2005 have also been selling as a Doctor Who jacket. It looks pretty good. I've only had experience of their Indy jackets - nice enough. Not on a par with my Aero's, but then they're about 30% of the price of the Aero, so it's not really a fair comparison. I went Wested for an Indy because while I wanted a jacket of that style, I knew it wouldn't get the same level of wear as my Aeros, and so ultimately I chose to go with something more budget. It also made it a great travel / budget jacket for places I didn't want to take one of my Aeros for one reason and another.

As a jacket, the Wested seems nice; at least on a par with the 70s era West German police jackets in that general style that you used to see everywhere in army surplus places in the UK twenty five odd years ago. I can't comment on how screen-accurate it is if you're looking for a costume piece, but as an everyday coat, it looks nice.

Jaffa the Hat

New in Town
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I am really pleased with both my BW jackets and am contemplating an Irvin WW2 British flying jacket from Aviation Leather-craft now I am back living in the UK but I have also looked at the cheaper Wested Memphis Belle options. Suppose you get what you pay for!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80