Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Purchased this Dynafelt last Friday and according to the shipping information it should arrive at my office on my birthday tomorrow. It looks like it's been stored poorly and the brim is messed up, but I hope it'll respond to an iron and steam to bring the felt back into shape.

il_fullxfull.845494714_i2id.jpg

il_fullxfull.845494728_i3hd.jpg

RJR

Purchased this Dynafelt last Friday and according to the shipping information it should arrive at my office on my birthday tomorrow. It looks like it's been stored poorly and the brim is messed up, but I hope it'll respond to an iron and steam to bring the felt back into shape.

il_fullxfull.845494714_i2id.jpg

il_fullxfull.845494728_i3hd.jpg
It has a bit of a John Wayne look to it now.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I hope you have a better experience than I had with the "straw" strat ... I found mine to be probably the worst hat that I ever spent money on

they do not resemble a Stratoliner in any way shape or form ... if it did not come with the airplane pin there would be zero reason to relate it to a Strat.
they feel like they are made of plastic
the brim flange is so steep that it is almost silly and it is so stubborn that it is absolutely not reshapable at all

pretty close to the worst product ever released by Stetson

I could not get rid of mine fast enough ... terrible product

but that's just one mans opinion

RBH

Bartender
I hope you have a better experience than I had with the "straw" strat ... I found mine to be probably the worst hat that I ever spent money on

they do not resemble a Stratoliner in any way shape or form ... if it did not come with the airplane pin there would be zero reason to relate it to a Strat.
the brim flange is so steep that it is almost silly and it is so stubborn that it is absolutely not reshapable at all

I agree the hat as it comes is not what it should be... but....
Its great having a friend that is a hatter [Major Moore] here is a before and after pic of my reblocked milan Stratoliner.

reblock.jpg

Here is an old shot of it on.

strawstrat.jpg

It took the reblock well. Its my favorite summer hat. In fact I just received a beige one for the upcoming summer from http://www.one2miniranch.com/
It will be reblocked soon.

rclark

Call Me a Cab

I have the hemp version and like it 100 times better than the plastic version.

RBH

Bartender
I ordered the hemp, but did not care for it.
The sizing was way off and the crown was low and did not take the blocking at all.
Also the brim was too wide for the crown.
It has never left the box after the reblock try.
It looks to bad to try and resale.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I ordered the hemp, but did not care for it.
The sizing was way off and the crown was low and did not take the blocking at all.
Also the brim was too wide for the crown.
It has never left the box after the reblock try.
It looks to bad to try and resale.
I had better luck than you experienced with the hemp but you are correct - the size options are quite limited.

Yeah, well, make that two mens' opinions. That and the sizing on those Milans are way off. I still kinda like my Andover, but it's a 7 1/4 that fits like a 7 3/8. The Strat was, as well. I wore it to an all day outdoor event last summer (the Strat) and couldn't get it off my head fast enough when I got home. I sat there in the sun feeling like I had a plastic bucket on my head.

My local hatter has the sized hemps in stock, left over from last summer. I like those pretty well, but I'm currently awaiting a custom hemp Strat copy from Peters Brothers.

RJR

Yeah, well, make that two mens' opinions. That and the sizing on those Milans are way off. I still kinda like my Andover, but it's a 7 1/4 that fits like a 7 3/8. The Strat was, as well. I wore it to an all day outdoor event last summer (the Strat) and couldn't get it off my head fast enough when I got home. I sat there in the sun feeling like I had a plastic bucket on my head.

My local hatter has the sized hemps in stock, left over from last summer. I like those pretty well, but I'm currently awaiting a custom hemp Strat copy from Peters Brothers.
My experience says you'll like the PB hemp.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

I think you'll love it. A fellow lounger had a hemp Strat made this past summer did you see the pics?

NewJack

Practically Family
Lembert_3.jpg Lembert.jpg Lembert2.jpg

Good day gents! It's been a minute! Had to post this interesting find here as one in which whose arrival cannot come quick enough...Did some scholarly research and found a site that does a great job helping to identify this German manufacturer. If I'm not mistaken, an FL member is the site administrator. Opinions/feedback welcomed for this hat scholar! :)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 44634 View attachment 44635 View attachment 44636

Good day gents! It's been a minute! Had to post this interesting find here as one in which whose arrival cannot come quick enough...Did some scholarly research and found a site that does a great job helping to identify this German manufacturer. If I'm not mistaken, an FL member is the site administrator. Opinions/feedback welcomed for this hat scholar! :)
That's a great hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24