Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

DocCasualty

One of the Regulars
R
View attachment 76264 View attachment 76265 View attachment 76262 View attachment 76263 Well I tried to emulate the photos from Moon and sadly failed miserably, lol. I resorted to an attempt at a teardrop crown. I had to use a little steam to get this one to cooperate. How did this turnout?
Looks great, my friend! It's your hat and you've truly made it yours with what you've done. Pros might do this or that more crisply but if you look at pictures from the Golden Age you'll see that many if not most were free-formed by their owners. Short of forming it completely off center, I don't think there is a right or wrong, and even that might be the look some individual was after.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
R

Looks great, my friend! It's your hat and you've truly made it yours with what you've done. Pros might do this or that more crisply but if you look at pictures from the Golden Age you'll see that many if not most were free-formed by their owners. Short of forming it completely off center, I don't think there is a right or wrong, and even that might be the look some individual was after.
Thanks a lot sir! I appreciate you saying that. :)

View attachment 76250 View attachment 76251 View attachment 76252 My Stetson Whippet Premiere just arrived. This is my first time shaping an open crown. I tried a diamond bash. Any tips or things I should change?
Been away all day and just saw this. Congratulations Jeremy! Love that sage color and the color of that ribbon is just right. I have a sage Stratoliner I got from Moon and it is a regular in the rotation. You came out smelling like a rose on this one!

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Been away all day and just saw this. Congratulations Jeremy! Love that sage color and the color of that ribbon is just right. I have a sage Stratoliner I got from Moon and it is a regular in the rotation. You came out smelling like a rose on this one!
Thank you sir! I agree wholeheartedly that I definitely came out well on this deal! :)

Amongst others.....

015cf595d8bafda5bcda100a9cbb7efb.jpg

RomanImperator

One of the Regulars
Spoiled myself the other day...I am now eagerly awaiting 5 hats, 4 of which I snatched up quickly for considerably less than they're worth...sellers pics to follow

Got a nice deal on this marathon. 2 1/4" brim is my ideal size. IMO the crease is too perfect, like factory. I think it would look better with a hand creased diamond -thoughts?
IMG_20170607_085602.jpg

IMG_20170607_085515.jpg

IMG_20170607_085538.jpg

Snatched this one up almost as soon as it was posted for just 40 which i think is a great deal on this one with a great ribbon:
IMG_20170607_085502.jpg

IMG_20170607_085443.jpg

Also some of you may have seen this sitting on eBay for quite some time, well I really liked the color scheme and dimensions so i decided to snatch it up and will attempt to clean,shape, and restore it to former glory.
IMG_20170607_085642.jpg

IMG_20170607_085654.jpg

IMG_20170607_085621.jpg

Spoiled myself the other day...I am now eagerly awaiting 5 hats, 4 of which I snatched up quickly for considerably less than they're worth...sellers pics to follow

Got a nice deal on this marathon. 2 1/4" brim is my ideal size. IMO the crease is too perfect, like factory. I think it would look better with a hand creased diamond -thoughts?

Snatched this one up almost as soon as it was posted for just 40 which i think is a great deal on this one with a great ribbon:

Also some of you may have seen this sitting on eBay for quite some time, well I really liked the color scheme and dimensions so i decided to snatch it up and will attempt to clean,shape, and restore it to former glory.

Good catches all, Roman. I had my eye on that Barclay as well, though it was a size small for me. I rebuilt a Barclay last year and the felt on it is incredible.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

RomanImperator

One of the Regulars
Good catches all, Roman. I had my eye on that Barclay as well, though it was a size small for me. I rebuilt a Barclay last year and the felt on it is incredible.
Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Any tips on getting some of those spots out and just cleaning the felt/ribbon in general? in addition to brushing of course. I don't really wanna dunk it in naptha because in the video I saw it left white spots on the sweatband which really ruined it IMO. I heard just wipe the felt with cold water and a white rag

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo