Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

I sold a hat today. My Stack. Mixed emotions about selling were swirling in my head, but were put to rest as soon as I met Pete, the Stack (yes, Stack Hats!) family descendant in search of a piece of family legacy. I felt that in the case of a family member, the hat deserved to return home, but also, who would take better care of it than he? Nobody!

I wore a Borsalino for the meetup.
View attachment 512723 View attachment 512724 View attachment 512725 View attachment 512726
Have a SUPER Saturday!!

Always the gentlemen, Charlie. The perfect caretaker for the hat.

Did I ever mention that I’m related to Borsalino, Cavanagh, Knox, and Stetson. ;)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I DO, Bo, but reports are that the evil hatter has already done his worst, and modified the original sweat band at the bidding of his master.
Lol Negative on that.
Ponder the mysteries of past promises.
B
Ps: pic for attention
3CAA7CF4-BD96-4D42-AC9C-909E1F876EB9.png

Last edited:

Stackdescendant

New in Town
I sold a hat today. My Stack. Mixed emotions about selling were swirling in my head, but were put to rest as soon as I met Pete, the Stack (yes, Stack Hats!) family descendant in search of a piece of family legacy. I felt that in the case of a family member, the hat deserved to return home, but also, who would take better care of it than he? Nobody!

View attachment 512723 View attachment 512724 View attachment 512725 View attachment 512726
Have a SUPER Saturday!!
It was a pleasure meeting you Charlie and thank you for the opportunity to purchase this priceless (to me) hat. It will be well kept and maybe worn on a couple of bragging occasions with family members. I learned more about fedoras in the hour chatting with you that I have in a long time. Thank you so much! I am glad I met you. The universe feels aligned at least for a little while. I can only think Frank would not believe his hats live on so many years later.

Yamahana

One Too Many

Have a SUPER Saturday!!
Well done Sir Charles!

Have a SUPER Saturday!!
Fantastic, Charlie. Such a kind and generous gesture to connect someone with his heritage in this way.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Panizza.jpg
Fabulous Stefan, a difficult choice but I rather like the colour, textured finish and larger hatband of that Panizza.
Last Thursday, Tina and I were out and about. Our weather has been one of swings, from rain drenched, to a glorious sunny spring day. Last Thursday was the latter so out came one of Samuel Windsor's blazers, I posted it on the "What Are You Wearing," thread.
The lady has suggested a second outing for church today. Last week Tina made me smile when she said: "Do you know you were the only man in church." Interrupting her sentence, I said: "To wear a hat?". "No," she relied,"I forgot about your hat, I didn't see a single neck tie but your's." Times change, are they ready for SJC's shoes? Today's hat is another bespoke from Gamble & Gunn.
Grey striped blazer 005.JPG
Grey striped blazer 001 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 512917
Fabulous Stefan, a difficult choice but I rather like the colour, textured finish and larger hatband of that Panizza.
Last Thursday, Tina and I were out and about. Our weather has been one of swings, from rain drenched, to a glorious sunny spring day. Last Thursday was the later so out came one of Samuel Windsor's blazers, I posted it on the "What Are You Wearing," thread.
The lady has suggested a second outing for church today. Last week Tina made me smile when she said: "Do you know you were the only man in church." Interrupting her sentence, I said: "To wear a hat?". "No," she relied,"I forgot about your hat, I didn't see a single neck tie but your's." Times change, are they ready for SJC's shoes? Today's hat is another bespoke from Gamble & Gunn.
View attachment 512923 View attachment 512924
Thank you, Robert. Most kind. As always your outfit is done to perfection. When wearing a suit it seems strangely unfinished if the tie is missing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen