Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind words on the homburg friends. I took the afternoon off and watched the new Mission Impossible movie and traded in the homburg for my favorite summer felt.

I believe this Canadian Royal Stetson to be from the early fifties, but I could be wrong. I had to have a new sweat put in a few years back, but the onionskin on the liner makes me think that.

The 2 3/4 inch brim is slightly larger than I prefer (I love a 2 5/8 inch) but the boxy crown gives this a look reminiscent of old gumshoes that I like a lot.

Still not sure about the aviators over my eyeglasses. I only recently needed glasses so I’m still working out their logistics. This is a darn practical solution though.

4B9800F6-488A-4359-823A-A1FDD5DD7209.jpeg

9153C911-3CD0-46DA-80A3-197EBB9656F6.jpeg

317EEA4D-6F07-4085-A7A2-A99768DF2512.jpeg

3BBB2A30-1657-4BD7-90C4-168E55F11C94.jpeg

EEEF48DD-2F5C-4A3F-A80C-C588CDF195F7.jpeg

FB2994A0-F699-4C35-B783-B5F877FEABBD.jpeg

83EEFE41-FF55-4EB3-BD0C-473BC08AF4B4.jpeg

Last edited:

Mighty44

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind words on the homburg friends. I took the afternoon off and watched the new Mission Impossible movie and traded in the homburg for my favorite summer felt.

I believe this Canadian Royal Stetson to be from the early fifties, but I could be wrong. I had to have a new sweat put in a few years back, but the onionskin on the liner makes me think that.

The 2 3/4 inch brim is slightly larger than I prefer (I love a 2 5/8 inch) but the boxy crown gives this a look reminiscent of old gumshoes that I like a lot.

Still not sure about the aviators over my eyeglasses. I only recently needed glasses so I’m still working out their logistics. This is a darn practical solution though.

View attachment 533883
View attachment 533888
View attachment 533884
View attachment 533885
View attachment 533886
View attachment 533890
View attachment 533889
Now THAT is my kind of hat! And the brim doesn’t look in any way too wide. Love it!

David

GuitarGuy99

One of the Regulars

View attachment 533883
View attachment 533888
View attachment 533884
View attachment 533885
View attachment 533886
View attachment 533890
View attachment 533889
Great hat! It looks a lot like mine from Northwest Hats.

View attachment 533883
View attachment 533888
View attachment 533884
View attachment 533885
View attachment 533886
View attachment 533890
View attachment 533889
A fine looking hat indeed. I recently got a pair of aviators in my prescription. You can get them fairly cheap on some of the online sites like zenni. Now I’m in sorta the same boat switching back and forth.. and I’ve found I have them stowed in the same spot you have. I’d have gone for photochromic lenses that darken in the sun as I’ve had on my previous pairs… but I didn’t really want the Jeffrey Dahmer look when they lighten up. :cool:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
A fine looking hat indeed. I recently got a pair of aviators in my prescription. You can get them fairly cheap on some of the online sites like zenni. Now I’m in sorta the same boat switching back and forth.. and I’ve found I have them stowed in the same spot you have. I’d have gone for photochromic lenses that darken in the sun as I’ve had on my previous pairs… but I didn’t really want the Jeffrey Dahmer look when they lighten up. :cool:
Avoiding Jeffrey Dahmer seems a good idea on just about every register imaginable.

I might invest in prescription sunnies once I get back on the road but my health will have to improve first. Until then, money is an issue so I am grateful to already have a solid pair of polarized RayBans.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Man, you guys are rockin' those hats today!

Rick, you're going to get me into a Pork Pie one of these days!

Here's one of my many Northwest hats.
20200323_085328.jpg

View attachment 533883
View attachment 533888
View attachment 533884
View attachment 533885
View attachment 533886
View attachment 533890
View attachment 533889

Avoiding Jeffrey Dahmer seems a good idea on just about every register imaginable.

I might invest in prescription sunnies once I get back on the road but my health will have to improve first. Until then, money is an issue so I am grateful to already have a solid pair of polarized RayBans.
And they look great!

Cuvier

One of the Regulars
I was left alone today to work in peace in my home office. I had gotten tired of my Fed IV being too loose on the sides. My head is an eggy long oval so hats fit front to back but not side to side. So I broke out my kettle and steamed the opening until it felt on the edge of floppy. I then stuffed it on my head and now it fits like a dream. I have near full contact all the way around. It rides more comfortably and feels much more secure. I'd have taken a picture but I haven't shaved in a couple of days and look rather terrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn