Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

RBH

Bartender
9183bb4d-2234-42c7-bec0-4168f95d7761-jpeg.540318

I love everything about this hat!
Looks great on you!!!

hambone71

Practically Family
That hat looks fantastic on you Phil! It really suits you. How tall is the crown? (I am trying to decide how tall to order mine.)
Thank you, Nathan! The open crown is 5 1/2”. Not sure what it is after the crease. The brim is 2 3/4”. I chose the exact same dimensions as my OR Gannon clone. Those specs are right smack dab in the center of my wheelhouse.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Since there’s no thread called “What hat are you wearing, but only in the yard” thread I’m gonna have to post this 80s/90s? Tom Mix Stetson here. Once.
Fraid I’m fresh outta cattle at the moment and my pearl handled six shooters are in the…uh, shop.
Though I live in an extra rural area of South Georgia and we’uns wear western hats and other cowboy garb and have horses and even some cattle, don’t nobody wear anything like this’n round abouts.
I’m sure folks would laugh me right outta the swamp, but have to admit, I sorta cotton to this look—for another minute or two.
4E3C1FAA-E3BE-4E80-B54E-453C61B2778A.jpeg
B1124FC9-8B46-43B5-AA22-E745313C8431.jpeg
67E32E5D-5368-4DBF-9442-0C5297818AD4.jpeg
59F1E3C1-F8C5-4E08-9CC9-BBA703654DCE.jpeg
18285CC8-A9D2-4C3F-A561-0413E3A4CD8F.jpeg

quikrick

One Too Many
Since there’s no thread called “What hat are you wearing, but only in the yard” thread I’m gonna have to post this 80s/90s? Tom Mix Stetson here. Once.
Fraid I’m fresh outta cattle at the moment and my pearl handled six shooters are in the…uh, shop.
Though I live in an extra rural area of South Georgia and we’uns wear western hats and other cowboy garb and have horses and even some cattle, don’t nobody wear anything like this’n round abouts.
I’m sure folks would laugh me right outta the swamp, but have to admit, I sorta cotton to this look—for another minute or two. View attachment 540546 View attachment 540547 View attachment 540548 View attachment 540549 View attachment 540552
That’s a gorgeous hat Randall. That little tilt in the first pic shows that you own this baby!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I’m sure folks would laugh me right outta the swamp, but have to admit, I sorta cotton to this look—for another minute or two. View attachment 540546 View attachment 540547 View attachment 540548 View attachment 540549 View attachment 540552
I absolutely love that one, Randall. You certainly own it. The next step would be to wear it out of the yard.

I think your idea for a new thread is a good one. I certainly have a few that I only wear in the yard, but deserve my stepping up to the plate and taking them for a stroll outside.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
I absolutely love that one, Randall. You certainly own it. The next step would be to wear it out of the yard.

I think your idea for a new thread is a good one. I certainly have a few that I only wear in the yard, but deserve my stepping up to the plate and taking them for a stroll outside.

Thanks, Steve! This one came in today.
Was shoved in a way too small box, so had to steam shape the corners off and pull her flattened brim back to her old swoopy self.
Also changed the cattleman’s crease to a Montana or Gus crease.

If you’re serious, and maybe some others agree, I’d start that thread!
May be a fun place folks could let their hair down and enjoy.

Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That's a hat you wear to the big state fairs and livestock shows!

Thanks for the kind words, Randall.
But I think that “hat you don’t wear off the property” should see more head time. Dang!! It says loud and clear that the wearer should not be disregarded. You’re rockin’ that one, sir!!

Mighty44

One Too Many
Love it—right out of old Hollywood. And great idea for a thread!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
That's a hat you wear to the big state fairs and livestock shows!

Thanks for the kind words, Randall.
But I think that “hat you don’t wear off the property” should see more head time. Dang!! It says loud and clear that the wearer should not be disregarded. You’re rockin’ that one, sir!!

Love it—right out of old Hollywood. And great idea for a thread!
Thanks, guys!
With Charlie’s and others cheering me on I might could actually venture out further than the property fence line!
Until I can afford my dream ranch in Wyoming I think I’ll have to stick with 2 7/8” brims—at the most.
One exception.
I have a Stetson Beaver 100 (thanks to Dr. Randy) with a 3 1/4” brim that I feel great under!

May do that thread, David. You have one you’re not wearin around town?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou