Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
My Playboy, maybe of similar vintage, is colored very similarly with a contrasting wind trolley. I also don't have any idea if it's original though.
View attachment 549296 View attachment 549297 View attachment 549297
I actually noticed this when I ran a search for “contrasting wind” and your original posting of this Playboy showed up.

I also found a nice Mallory with contrasting wind chord that looks to be original.

I wonder if there was a specific market for such combinations or if it was something that was special ordered?

hambone71

Practically Family
I have spent most of the week with my JBS 3X collection. Here is another favorite early 50s model. This one has stars on the deteriorating sweatband, which makes me reluctant to change it.

View attachment 549199
View attachment 549200
View attachment 549201
View attachment 549202

This guy also has an interestingly colored wind chord. I’m assuming it’s not original.
View attachment 549203
View attachment 549204

Happy weekend, friends!
My Playboy, maybe of similar vintage, is colored very similarly with a contrasting wind trolley. I also don't have any idea if it's original though.
View attachment 549296 View attachment 549297
I don't know about you fellers, but I like those contrasting wind trolleys, original or not.

Stetson Musketeer

IMG_20230929_181426536_Original.jpeg
IMG_20230929_181429637_Original.jpeg
IMG_20230929_181511647_Original.jpeg
IMG_20230929_181527633_Original.jpeg
IMG_20230929_181458110_Original.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I don't know about you fellers, but I like those contrasting wind trolleys, original or not.
I like wind trolleys, contrasting or not, especially on the Great Plains. It’s impossible to work outside the truck with my hand on my hat and those gusts come out of nowhere. Heck, I need both hands just to crawl out of the cab. The wind trolley’s a life saver!

But then there are the days when you just have to let the wind win. Elk Mountain, SD, pinned down four days straight by 50+ mph winds. Some days, you’ve just got to leave the hat in the truck.

IMG_8801.jpeg

Contrasting wind trolley in more favorable conditions.
IMG_8800.jpeg

I am missing the road today!

(I do have a photo in the Lounge somewhere of the wind trolley in actual use….)

Last edited:

hambone71

Practically Family
I like wind trolleys, contrasting or not, especially on the Great Plains. It’s impossible to work outside the truck with my hand on my hat and those gusts come out of nowhere. Heck, I need both hands just to crawl out of the cab. The wind trolley’s a life saver!

But then there are the days when you just have to let the wind win. Elk Mountain, SD, trapped four days straight by 50+ mph winds. Some days, you’ve just got to leave the hat in the truck.

View attachment 549344

Contrasting wind trolley in more favorable conditions.
View attachment 549345

I am missing the road today!

(I actually have a photo in the Lounge somewhere of the wind trolley in actual use….)
Looks adventurous and I'll admit I'm a little envious. Keep livin' the good life, my friend, and use those wind trolleys if ya got 'em!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Looks adventurous and I'll admit I'm a little envious. Keep livin' the good life, my friend, and use those wind trolleys if ya got 'em!
Thanks brother. At the moment, I am envious myself. The doctor told me the other day I might have to consider another job besides trucking. I told her politely to go to heck!

So yeah, I’m still at home improving my health and will probably be doing more of the same until spring.

My first Gannon is on the block, however, and meanwhile I’m hanging out again today with this incredibly comfortable JBS 3X.

Go Dawgs!

IMG_8802.jpeg

IMG_8803.jpeg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Great 3X!

Go Dawgs? Very unexpected considering where you live?
I no longer watch football, but many years ago used to be a rabid fan.
Thanks brother. At the moment, I am envious myself. The doctor told me the other day I might have to consider another job besides trucking. I told her politely to go to heck!

So yeah, I’m still at home improving my health and will probably be doing more of the same until spring.

My first Gannon is on the block, however, and meanwhile I’m hanging out again today with this incredibly comfortable JBS 3X.

Go Dawgs!

View attachment 549351
View attachment 549352 Dawgs?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Great 3X!

Go Dawgs? Very unexpected considering where you live?
I no longer watch football, but many years ago used to be a rabid fan.
I forgot you live in Georgia. I’m not from Alabama, though - I’m here by accident (not that I mind it, this area is lovely).

My alma mater is UF but the Gators need to rebuild. I enjoy watching the Tide (I like Nick Saben a lot) but I am supporting Georgia this year only to see them win 3 in a row. I don’t know when that happened last.

Last edited:

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Three-peats have only been done twice by Minnesota and Yale many many years ago.
So a Dawg 3-peat would be mighty sweet.
Be hard to pull off, though, since this year’s schedule looks to be a tough one.
Since I live too close to FL, I’m happy when the Silver Britches can out Smart the Gators.
Sorry, Joe! :)
But as I said, won’t matter too awful much to me, since degenerative commercialization and overly enforced safety measures in all sports has run many fans off.
But hey, I’m glad there’s still jillions of rabid fans out there!
I forgot you live in Georgia. I’m not from Alabama, though - I’m here by accident (not that I mind it, this area is lovely).

My alma mater is UF but the Gators need to rebuild. I enjoy watching the Tide (I like Nick Saben a lot) but I am supporting Georgia this year only to see them win 3 in a row. I don’t know when that happened last.

hambone71

Practically Family

Go Dawgs!

View attachment 549351
View attachment 549352
I will be rooting for Georgia today as well. Rule number one for Bama fans: never root for Auburn, under any circumstances, ever!

Get well, brother, so you can get back on the road!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany