Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Post 1946 The Mallory Ten.

This hat has been calling to me last few weeks.. decided to pull it out today.. It is one of the few hats in my collection that I have some history on the previous owner. It belonged to a gentleman who was a holocaust survivor… he was a police chief in Poland during WWII and helped countless folks escape. He survived in an attic with just a bible for a year. Spoke 7 languages and lived to be 88 Years old. This was the story given to me by his great granddaughter who sold me the hats some years back.

View attachment 557201

View attachment 557202
View attachment 557203
View attachment 557204
View attachment 557215
Wow. Interesting history! Very nice hat too!

Mighty44

One Too Many

This hat has been calling to me last few weeks.. decided to pull it out today.. It is one of the few hats in my collection that I have some history on the previous owner. It belonged to a gentleman who was a holocaust survivor… he was a police chief in Poland during WWII and helped countless folks escape. He survived in an attic with just a bible for a year. Spoke 7 languages and lived to be 88 Years old. This was the story given to me by his great granddaughter who sold me the hats some years back.

View attachment 557201

View attachment 557202
View attachment 557203
View attachment 557204
View attachment 557215
Great that you know the backstory.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Day two of three in my Stetson Custom V.
IMG_1968.jpeg
IMG_1969.jpeg

Etsuko’s spending three days under her Maxim.
IMG_1970.jpeg

Last edited:

harrytemp

One of the Regulars

View attachment 557201

View attachment 557202
View attachment 557203
View attachment 557204
View attachment 557215
Nice hat and you wear it well.

How does a hat get that downward swoosh from the brim?

From where the band is....your brim starts to curve downwards.

I love that in a hat.

Nice hat and you wear it well.

How does a hat get that downward swoosh from the brim?

From where the band is....your brim starts to curve downwards.

I love that in a hat.
Thank you Harry. I suspect with this hat…. as It is a size 6 3/4 however it fits a little closer to 7. I believe this gentleman snuggly tugged this hat down over his 6 7/8 to 7 head over the years creating this shape.

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
Thank you Harry. I suspect with this hat…. as It is a size 6 3/4 however it fits a little closer to 7. I believe this gentleman snuggly tugged this hat down over his 6 7/8 to 7 head over the years creating this shape.
The reason why I ask is because I started to notice it in vintage hats.

A while back I watched this video of student in an amateur hat making class and she made a fedora with that swoosh. I want all my hats to do this. LOL

Seems like it must be a distinct look just as much as certain creases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany