Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Here’s wishing you all a wonderful, joyous International Hat Day!

Borsalino. View attachment 580562 View attachment 580564 View attachment 580566 View attachment 580567
Make it a great day!
Great looking hat! I swear I did not coordinate with Charlie for my National Hat Day choice ;)

Master Biltmore

IMG_5714.jpeg

Rumad

One Too Many
What is

Ooohhh, Alan!! What/where is that place?
This was at John’s of Bleecker Pizzaria. It’s in the west village in manhattan. Some say it’s the last place with a coal oven in the city, but I know Lombardi’s has one too, and I’m sure it’s older. Atmosphere was cool, pizza was fantastic, even my vegan wife was able to eat (pasta/marinara), the only thing that sucked was the line to get in. I understand it’s not usually as bad.

https://johnsofbleecker.com/new-york-greenwich-village-john-s-of-bleecker-st-about

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Great hats today, gentlemen.

We’re getting a good bit of snow and ice here in northern Alabama. It is wonderful! That is, so long as you don’t have to go anywhere.

I’m not planning to step off the front porch without skates.

Gannon beaver just because it’s such a great hat.
View attachment 580568
View attachment 580569
View attachment 580570

Pic wasn't taken today, but this was the hat. Absolutely the BEST condition of any 2nd-hand hat I've ever scored in my life. This Resistol Hi Sierra looks like it just came out of its factory box. Headband is marked "King's Western Wear" with their Van Nuys Blvd location. I make this about early-to-mid-70s vintage. (The crown isn't deformed, I just couldn't get a really symmetrical shot.) View attachment 580589 View attachment 580590

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Since I took a dive into Italian felts this weekend, I pulled out my Borsalino traveling fedora today and stood out in the ten degree weather for a bit. Boy is it refreshing out there, but darn icy!

This guy has been around the world with me once but deteriorated rapidly on the last leg of that trip so I pretty much retired him. I forgot what a fantastic hat this is. Very very unique felt, a wonderful aesthetic and a brilliant execution of travel mechanics.

IMG_9863.jpeg

IMG_9864.jpeg

IMG_9865.jpeg

IMG_9840.jpeg

IMG_9841.jpeg

IMG_9870.jpeg

Last edited:
Since I took a dive into Italian felts this weekend, I pulled out my Borsalino traveling fedora today and stood out in the ten degree weather for a bit. Boy is it refreshing out there, but darn icy!

This guy has been around the world with me once but deteriorated rapidly on the last leg of that trip so I pretty much retired him. I forgot what a fantastic hat this is. Very very unique felt, a wonderful aesthetic and a brilliant execution of travel mechanics.

View attachment 580711
View attachment 580712
View attachment 580713
View attachment 580718
View attachment 580708
View attachment 580729
That is a beauty

hambone71

Practically Family

View attachment 580711
View attachment 580712
View attachment 580713
View attachment 580718
View attachment 580708
View attachment 580729
I'm amazed at the travel mechanics myself. How does a rollable hat look that great after unrolling it???

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
That is a beauty
Thanks Joe!

I'm amazed at the travel mechanics myself. How does a rollable hat look that great after unrolling it???
I have very limited experience with vintage Borsas so I don’t know if this felt is a particular kind that they used specially for the travel line or if it’s similar to other Borsa felt from that period. Maybe @steur or others can speak to that.

All I can say is that it is truly unique in my collection. I have nothing else even vaguely similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic