Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Great hat, Joe, but that iguana thing is crazy. Do they survive or have they died from the cold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
With a quick cold snap like this one that dipped into the 40’s it just causes a sort of hibernation. This one could slowly move his head. I just kinda set them on the other side of the fence so the dogs don’t use them as chew toys.

A few years back we had a longer colder freeze here and it knocked the population Way back.. for maybe a year... now there are more than ever.

Best,
Joe

——— EVERY Day is HAT Day!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wegener "Start" possibly late 1920s early 1930s and a recent arrival.

49426439142_3dc5d84bdb_b.jpg

49426464832_e20d65316b_b.jpg

49426268866_59a07e6256_b.jpg

49426248506_3343d9c8b2_b.jpg

49426256926_7a3daaca9f_b.jpg

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
There's a little more to this story, Tim, come to think of it. Libs (as we call her) is 4 yrs. old. Her brother, Abel, is 5, but they're almost 2 years apart, and are part of the year. Her sister, Molly Mae, is her fraternal twin.
Abel, being a boy, has gotten haircuts since he was 3 1/2. Molly has really thin, fine hair that hangs in her face, so she's been getting trims and bangs. Liberty has been watching this, but she has beautiful blond hair that naturally parts in the center above her high forehead, framing her face. She could do shampoo commercials. Dad would not let her get a haircut, and I think she felt left out.
In fact, she got hold of some shears shortly after I was last out there, sporting a really short fade up to the closest my barber could get to a flat top with my limited dome cover (I balded from the back forward, so couldn't see it in the mirror). Lib only cut a couple of locks out that time, but my daughter was still outraged. Why in the world did you do that, she demanded.
Liberty's answer was that she wanted to look like grandpa.

LOL, great story !!

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Day two in this Penny’s Marathon. Still loving it!

An unusually cold morning... at least for us here in Florida had me doing a very Florida activity... while definitely not snow removal.... could be the South FL cold weather equivalent. Frozen Iguana removal!

Yup.. these guys just plop right down outta the trees! You gotta watch out! [emoji50]

f04018409f938799fddbdf5abacd9d56.plist

c9c333e33735e0c8540bd8e25872a46e.plist

494d30662c2659f9ea5d9d7902b7193a.plist
3453e3603c25c1659abf3903b54459ba.plist
02ff2b1b8ebdcdaccc98a738b65a5e65.plist

Best,
Joe

Looking good Joe !

The Iguanas fall from the trees when it gets unusually cold there, as they are cold blooded, and if they get below 45 or so they will go into a dormant state, kinda like hibernation. Pretty crazy I know. I use to keep several as pets, along with lots of snakes when I was younger. I wanted to be a Herpetologist at one point....

Happy to see the transformation of the Cervo-Tenisci.
I worked many years ago for Corneliani in a fantastic location, it was at the start of my life as photographer
Thank you, Daniele. I just needed to show it what it was meant to be (and once was probably).

Thanks Stefan.. I came across yours looking through the Marathon mile... could be it’s brother.

Now I just need a cool brick wall and a glass hat base... oooh and some awesome coats and scarves... oh and some cold weather... <sigh>

Best,
Joe

Thanks, Joe. The brick wall shouldn't be all that difficult I'd hazard a guess, and the glass hat base is even easier (it's an upside down vase:)). The rest takes a bit more patience...

Looking good Joe !

The Iguanas fall from the trees when it gets unusually cold there, as they are cold blooded, and if they get below 45 or so they will go into a dormant state, kinda like hibernation. Pretty crazy I know. I use to keep several as pets, along with lots of snakes when I was younger. I wanted to be a Herpetologist at one point....

Thanks Tim! It is pretty crazy when you see it for sure. They are also not native to here either. When I was growing up you never saw them in the wild. Now anywhere there is water.. you usually don’t go 10 feet without seeing them. Some of them up to six feet!

Best,
Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner